joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter Cont'd cont'd

The Iceman

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?? The server was down for several min and half of my post i was making wasn't saved. Did the Euro control show like a 951 low inside the benchmark or something?

I find it somewhat fascinating that we have the GFS and Euro in a bit of a role reversal, with the GFS driving a MECS home and the Euro looking like the GFS usually does until about 60-72 hours out when one actually happens. Handling of the shortwaves involved is extremely important to this happening or not so you can't discount the fact that HPC noted the issues the GFS apparently had. However this is the second consecutive main run of the GFS to show the big solution. The 12z UKMET had a pretty decently tracked low as well. On the flipside the Canadian was wayyy SE this afternoon. Gonna be a tough forecast.

Not gonna cut to the lakes but lol. Off the SC coast?? Nah imma just trend even further NW.

I really have to think that OTS is rather unlikely at this point given the nao.

This is really shaping up to be a couple of days where we all stay up late to see the 0z runs and get little sleep before the 12z suite arrives... :snowing:

Archived