• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter Cont'd cont'd

The Iceman

I'll be the first to say the long range NAM should be taken with a biiiig grain of salt. But I'm cautiously optimistic-along with some others here-now that the (if somewhat improperly initialized) GFS has been onboard for two runs along with the UKMET. If the Euro even trends toward the GFS it'll be good news.

highlighted key word...

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thinking out loud here... I was reading about some errors with the GFS. I' m I correct they won't be corrected until this upcoming run.

Also I was wondering once the Euro heads that far ENE what is the percentage of it coming back?

Tomorrow the Nam should be in it's range. It will be interesting what it does.

Wouldn't want to be a Met this weekend.

Tony and Mag you got this figured out yet? :-)

HPC was making a big deal out of the initialization in the PACNW. I'm not sure that it has a huge impact, but probably some. IMO, the state of the nao should allow anything coming out of the gulf on a sw-ne fashion should come further north than what the op euro has. The ec ensembles were further north and more amped.

Hard to tell but, looks like NAM is coming north.

Already saw folks in another subforum jumping off the bridge sayin NAM caved to the Euro when it was still pretty early in the run. Then OHH well its not too far off the GFS. Haha classic.

Ultimately it looks good but seems destined to slide underneath. Were def looking golden as the low was already out of the gulf over LA. Seems like is may have some issues handling the low at the end of its range (almost appears like it tries to redevelop a new low off the NC coast). We got awhile yet.

Already saw folks in another subforum jumping off the bridge sayin NAM caved to the Euro when it was still pretty early in the run. Then OHH well its not too far off the GFS. Haha classic.

Ultimately it looks good but seems destined to slide underneath. Were def looking golden as the low was already out of the gulf over LA. Seems like is may have some issues handling the low at the end of its range (almost appears like it tries to redevelop a new low off the NC coast). We got awhile yet.

I used to really like the nam, but it's been really atrocious this year outside of 48 hours. Shame...

It does get the thing pretty far north considering that the streams are still separate at h84.

Yeah. It's not far from us. I'd like to see what it does tomorrow at 12z.

The big question is will the GFS continue on its amped up roid solution?? :sled:

i don't know what they use to forecast this far out, but most likely it's garbage.

Agreed. I just like that they are not withholding anything. Every other weather outlet, including NWS, is only saying low chance of snow. At least wunderground is announcing that the possibility exists for a significant event at this point.

If things do start coming together, local news media probably won't run with it until within 36 hours.

Agreed. I just like that they are not withholding anything. Every other weather outlet, including NWS, is only saying low chance of snow. At least wunderground is announcing that the possibility exists for a significant event at this point.

If things do start coming together, local news media probably won't run with it until within 36 hours.

i think it was ABC last year that had us in the 2 to 4" range in the january storm that dropped a foot here in lancaster. they are always last to pick up anything.

Anyone interested in the NAM for tmrw's event...looks cold at 850 up this way.

As for the other storm, I think we're about to be

6FGND00Z.jpg

Does try to light up some blues initially around the IPT area on the p-types, but mainly rain. It did seem kinda chilly though, i'd probably expect to see period of snow before a changeover to light rain. Not really a ton of QPF progged for this system like a couple nights ago when there was a heavier slug of precip .. so any snowfall wouldn't amount to much most likely.

Yeah. It's not far from us. I'd like to see what it does tomorrow at 12z.

The big question is will the GFS continue on its amped up roid solution?? :sled:

I just know that if this storm ends up happening for us...that the GFS is going to have the tenacity to pull the plug on this system for a run or so at some point soon. I was actually surprised the 18z went even more nw than the 12z.. but we'll know shortly with the 0z run and the newer sampled data where the GFS stands. Even a consensus between the Euro and GFS solutions we have right now would likely spell a good shot of snowfall for at least the southern third or more of PA. That gets into the finer details of the trajectory out of the Gulf and the NW extent of the precip shield.

Hahahaha, gotta love Always Sunny.

Have you seen some of the newer episodes? There was one called "Storm of the Century". A hurricane was going to directly hit Philly and the gang went to their usual debauchery trying to prepare for the storm (and get the hot news reporter to ride out the storm at the bar with them). Then at the end of the episode the forecast ended up being wrong and they were only supposed to get drizzle instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZXx-CB9iR4

Archived