northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA Winter Cont'd cont'd

The Iceman

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll date myself here, but I watched Joe on Weather World as a kid. (He might have been right out of school at the time) He was my absolute favorite because he always forecasted more snow than anyone else. Of course, 48 hours later my heart was broken, but I always went back for more.

Never say never I guess, but this is getting bleaker with every single model run now. Congrats, tobacco road...

As always, an excellent map by Eric.

You know, you brought up the 12/30/2000 storm earlier...from all of the years of following Eric, that might have been his biggest single bust in a negative way. I'm pretty sure he went 6" - 12" for all of Lancaster county that afternoon. All we had was partly cloudy skies. To be fair, I think everyone busted on that storm though.

Not really. Maybe by 20 miles. Was north to start so could bare well if confluence is weaker in tonight's run.

0Z is my final line.

Yeah, but it's caving to the Euro/GGEM/GFS solutions with this run.

If this weren't Sunday, I'd definitely be down for blizzard chasing. But I have a dinner date that night with some friends we can't really get out of easily.

This ones over for everybody North of the turnpike. Models have trended towards tightening confluence between the displaced 50/50 and our system...thereby crushing heights along the EC and the trough turns flat.

Then to make matters worse, the mid stream energy that drops into the rear of the troff becomes the dominate player...further flattening the flow.

No use making a map for this one.

FIRST CALL

Along and South of PA I76 and East of I81...

...Periods of snow showers and light snow. Snow accumulation of less than 1".

Along and South of PA I76 and West of I81...

...Periods of flurries and snow showers. Snow accumulation of trace amounts to coatings.

Archived