amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 17 Storm Disco I - looking like a POS special

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I found this statement shortly after I post that question.

It's really not hugely different than what NCEP does in each individual member of the GEF, actually. Each member has a slightly perturbed form of physics/initialization (..ex,different convective schemes...etc). They do cause emerging and decaying event differences among the various members.

FWIW, the 0Z control run now has a massive cutter

Yeah, I found this statement shortly after I post that question.

It's really not hugely different than what NCEP does in each individual member of the GEF, actually. Each member has a slightly perturbed form of physics/initialization (..ex,different convective schemes...etc). They do cause emerging and decaying event differences among the various members.

So now are you buying the 2 feet next weekend :lol: .

um...you did post numerous times in various threads that Feb would have a -2.5 temp departure and a ton of snow....

and kevin posts triple the amount of snow for every storm...............i am adopting his style.................." i was just kidding" I am just crushing it in the temp contests.

low 30s feels like siberia

why wouldn't it? Do you have a hard on for snow that sticks in the final two weeks of winter? Do you like watching the snow, do you even enjoy it?? Do you have a bigger weenie, if the snow sticks?

honestly mood snow ain't going to cut it for me in Feb. Sure in December when we are sipping eggnog, but that this juncture, give me something to sled on or at least break out the snowblower.

:axe: TEMPS ALOFTWOULD YIELD SNOW...BUT WARMER BL ALONG THE COASTS NEEDS TO BEINCORPORATED. FCST THEREFORE INDICATES RAIN AND SNOW COASTALZONES...AND MAINLY SNOW INTERIOR. IF THERE IS NOPRECIPITATION...EXPECT TEMPS TO BE ABOUT A CATEGORY HIGHER WITH NOEVAPORATIVE COOLING.

Good to see everyone is such good moods today, enjoy the snow tuesday night, should be fun, time for Pebble.

What snow?

I'm not sure what he's seeing either. We're close to 50 that day as the current arctic air mass is long gone, so maybe we get some wet flakes at 38 degrees or something overnight...big deal. No cold air at all here.

Tuesday: A slight chance of rain after 4pm, mixing with snow after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 44. West wind at 8 mph becoming south. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday Night: A slight chance of rain and snow before 8pm, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

I'm not sure what he's seeing either. We're close to 50 that day, so maybe we get some wet flakes at 38 degrees or something overnight...big deal.

Tuesday: A slight chance of rain after 4pm, mixing with snow after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 44. West wind at 8 mph becoming south. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday Night: A slight chance of rain and snow before 8pm, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Dude, Litchfield is just trying to get a rise out of people, so people respond to his posts. His posting style is that so people have to respond to him. He's done that all year, and quite frankly its getting worse. It was bad at the beginning of the year, but now its almost unbearable to read. Its one thing when Kevin does it, but Litchfield is like 5 times worse of what Kevin does.

Its pretty annoying.

I'm focusing on a smaller scale....just the sne area, not the CONUS.

The point being ..you're comparing your ****tiness against an overall canvas of ****tiness - there really isn't anything remarkable in your smaller scale; the remarkability is a much bigger issue. That usually provides empathy to one's scenario when one realizes the sea of iniquity is more like a whole cruise ship compared to being the only soul in "any port in the storm" (Winslow Homer).

Feb 1983 it was 53 degrees 8 hours before 20 with 4-6 foot drifts if I recall correctly.

The Feb 83 storm I thought it was bitter cold in the teens for daytime highs the day before, in fact I thought it was a last minute jump north that put the heavy snow shield into just about all of sne, day before they were forecasting just a chance of snow with possible minor accums south of the pike and heavy cirrus along and north of it

Dude, Litchfield is just trying to get a rise out of people, so people respond to his posts. His posting style is that so people have to respond to him. He's done that all year, and quite frankly its getting worse. It was bad at the beginning of the year, but now its almost unbearable to read. Its one thing when Kevin does it, but Litchfield is like 5 times worse of what Kevin does.

Its pretty annoying.

gotcha.

Archived