joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Storm Disco I - looking like a POS special

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly guys, it is worth getting a trial free subscription just to see this. The control run sometimes keys in on things that the operational run does not. You see how close it was today if things worked out just a little differently we could have gotten nailed. The control run of the Euro showed today's potential a week ago very nicely, although things did not come together perfectly. I can tell you that I only watch the control run to see if it is vastly different than the operational run. The control run is like 001 of the GFS ensembles. It is usually very much like the operational run, but when things look very different on the control run it is often a sign that there is potential. It of course does not mean it will work out, but when the control run is vastly different, it is at least a sign that there is potential and that it would only take very small changes to the operational run to produce vastly different results.

You have a weather blog??? That's scary...

You worst winter is probably in the upper teens. ORH's record is 21.2"

Oh, alright then. I guess I'm probably 1-2" over futility then. :(

THE LATEST RUN OF THE ECMWF CONTROL MODEL THAT JUST CAME OUT HAS A KU FOR NEXT WEEKEND. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! IT PRODUCES A BLIZZARD FOR EVERYONE FROM DC TO BOSTON AS IT BRINGS THE LOW FROM THE GULF COAST ON SATURDAY TO THE DELMARVA ON SUNDAY MORNING AND BOMBS IT THERE TO A 978MB, THEN ONLY SLOWLY MOVES IT ENE FROM THERE ALMOST DUE EAST, KEEPING US IN THE HEAVY DEFORMATION BAND FOR THE ENTIRE DAY ON SUNDAY!! TOTAL PRECIP IS NEAR 2 INCHES AND 850'S ARE BELOW FREEZING FROM DC TO BOSTON THE ENTIRE TIME OF THE STORM. THE ONLY AREA CLOSE BY THAT GETS ABOVE FREEZING AT 850 IS EXTREME SOUTHEASTERN NJ ALONG THE COAST FOR A SMALL TIME PERIOD.

LOL classic...probably one of my favorite posts of all time.

I had mentioned a day or two ago that i wish this saturday would have been next saturday as that threat looked good being modeled a few days back, I think we have a legit chance with this one just by its track

Yea, I just knew this past event was garbage all along, but it even turned out a hair worse than I had envisioned.

Yea, I just knew this past event was garbage all along, but it even turned out a hair worse than I had envisioned.

At best, Todays was going to be a few inches, It was a whiif until the last couple of days and thats what ended up happening, I am onboard for next weekends storm though, Just the fact that it has more of a SWFE look to it makes me more encouraged then this last one

At best, Todays was going to be a few inches, It was a whiif until the last couple of days and thats what ended up happening, I am onboard for next weekends storm though, Just the fact that it has more of a SWFE look to it makes me more encouraged then this last one

Watch this one now head too far n of me....like the first round of winter. The past few have been all se of me.

What a kick in the groin this season has been.....the only way it could get any worse is if a string of 1-3"ers cost me the record, yet I still manage not to see a significant event.

Watch this one now head too far n of me....like the first round of winter. The past few have been all se of me.

What a kick in the groin this season has been.....the only way it could get any worse is if a string of 1-3"ers cost me the record, yet I still manage not to see a significant event.

I hope not, Honestly, I am hoping it stays south of you, But you know someone is going to get pooched being on the wrong side of the low, This one has the look of the ones back in 2008 where we got numerous SWFE's and we ended up with our 2nd snowiest winter up here

I hope not, Honestly, I am hoping it stays south of you, But you know someone is going to get pooched being on the wrong side of the low, This one has the look of the ones back in 2008 where we got numerous SWFE's and we ended up with our 2nd snowiest winter up here

Well, when I say "go n of me" I am referring to the good snowfall zone, not the low itself.

I don't think the latter will occur.

I agree with you about SNE, There looks to be just enough cold air around and i look to be north of that gradient, But i don't need it taking a track over my head either

The one scenario that I dread has probably a pretty good shot of occuring...and that is a couple of inches of slop, followed by rain.

I'd either like a non event, mainly snow or all rain.

snow to rain where it washes away all the snow is like a punch to the gut or a quick jab to the groin......uncalled for and annoying

i honestly don't remember any of these situation in the 2.5 years now of winter in SNE since i got back in 2009-2010 season. yes some were snow that ended as period of drizzle or light rain...but not to the point there was bare ground that i can recall.

so ya ray were probably overdue

snow to rain where it washes away all the snow is like a punch to the gut or a quick jab to the groin......uncalled for and annoying

i honestly don't remember any of these situation in the 2.5 years now of winter in SNE since i got back in 2009-2010 season. yes some were snow that ended as period of drizzle or light rain...but not to the point there was bare ground that i can recall.

so ya ray were probably overdue

What I am overdue for is a bonafide plowable event. I haven't see one since Feb 27, 2011.

No....of course the arctic plunge is another dry heave....as they all have been.

Warms up just enough for the next event to suck.

It certainly has sucked this year, When we have had the artic air around we have had no storms or it moves out just in time for the next system to track west of us..

UGH....that is not pretty east of GC from the sound of it.

Ehh...as long as it tracks S of us we still have a chance. Verbatim, 850s are below 0C, but the BL is torching fast.

But yeah, not a great run for anybody for that matter. If we could get some cyclogenesis, maybe we could save the BL. Otherwise it's snowing at 850, but raining and 36 at ground level.

Archived