Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Storm Disco I - looking like a POS special

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:unsure:

I like the look of that. Check out the damming signal on the isobars over New England and the high prwssure in s ont. Hopefully the block is positioned to slow it down and keep it close. This period of DS ridging continues on the models and it will likely produce for us. I could be happy with 2 weeks of snow then an early spring

I like the look of that. Check out the damming signal on the isobars over New England and the high prwssure in s ont. Hopefully the block is positioned to slow it down and keep it close. This period of DS ridging continues on the models and it will likely produce for us. I could be happy with 2 weeks of snow then an early spring

This isn't a terrible look...and it's within grasp I suppose in terms of time frame.....a period of interest yet again....

post-334-0-88530200-1328986153.gif

This is a serious infraction.

It looks decent, I honestly don't know what a "text book" Miller B is supposed to look like. I just put the "unsure" expression because temperatures are marginal.

Lol, ok.....yeah I was just throwing out the "text book" comment, but the actual Euro data is much colder on this run than the 0z run, which was a cutter.

It is after all winter 2011-2012, so extreme caution applies, but this one might have some legs....

Lol, ok.....yeah I was just throwing out the "text book" comment, but the actual Euro data is much colder on this run than the 0z run, which was a cutter.

It is after all winter 2011-2012, so extreme caution applies, but this one might have some legs....

I've noticed the 12z runs seem to be colder than 00z. Definitely extreme caution as there isn't much to stop this from being a cutter. Pattern thereafter sucks verbatim too lol.

I've noticed the 12z runs seem to be colder than 00z. Definitely extreme caution as there isn't much to stop this from being a cutter. Pattern thereafter sucks verbatim too lol.

Better DS blocking is why this didn't look like the zero zee run, so that's something I suppose. Not worried about the long term pattern frankly, just trying to take each opportunity as they come.....There's still some cold around so you guys north of I-84 can cash in and perhaps all of us, even torchfield....

MJO looks hideous to start march though.

Can the MJO really be forecast accurately 3 weeks out? I thought it was in Phase 8 right now, that didn't seem to help. I'm feeling a rogue event in March for some reason...I just can't picture us being completely shut out the rest of the way but I suppose stranger things have happened..like 2 feet of snow on October 29th.

There is no possible way you can write off March now. It's February 11th.

Yes we can..All modelling, indicies, global signs, teleconnections, and pattern persistence says we can absolutely write March off. It is going to roast and be 100% snowless. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to lay down the 6 foot glass bong

MORCH ON

Archived