amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 17 Storm Disco I - looking like a POS special

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know whether any of the Mets on here forecast for the airlines, but is essential that AA415 leaves on Saturday morning. Luckily it seems this storm is going to rain for BOS, and more of a Thursday night/Friday deal. I hope we get crushed with snow anytime after Saturday morning though!

Now that frustration has waned, you gotta be in awe of how every, single significant snow zone has eluded this area....the first third of the winter it was all n and west, the 2nd zone it was all se, and now we are n and w again.

AFAIC, get all of this screwgie karma outta the way now and get me a record.

Start a new next fall.

Tip, this is what a control run is.

One forecast, called the EPS control forecast, is run from the operational ECMWF analysis. 50 additional integrations, the perturbed members, are made from slightly different initial conditions which are designed to represent the uncertainties inherent in the operational analysis. The initial perturbations are generated using the singular vector technique.

Now that frustration has waned, you gotta be in awe of how every, single significant snow zone has eluded this area....the first third of the winter it was all n and west, the 2nd zone it was all se, and now we are n and w again.

AFAIC, get all of this screwgie karma outta the way now and get me a record.

Start a new next fall.

Ray, I wouldn't feel singled out like that. No areas south of the Canadian border across all the CONUS has done remarkably well this year. It's heavily discussed, everywhere.

Tip, this is what a control run is.

One forecast, called the EPS control forecast, is run from the operational ECMWF analysis. 50 additional integrations, the perturbed members, are made from slightly different initial conditions which are designed to represent the uncertainties inherent in the operational analysis. The initial perturbations are generated using the singular vector technique.

Yeah, I found this statement shortly after I post that question.

It's really not hugely different than what NCEP does in each individual member of the GEF, actually. Each member has a slightly perturbed form of physics/initialization (..ex,different convective schemes...etc). They do cause emerging and decaying event differences among the various members.

Hows your -2.5F for Feb looking after the epic record breaking torch with 60s and 70s in the interior at the end of January?

I went +3++ in the contest thread last month, no idea what you are talking about, its there, for all to see, might win this month actually, just killing it in that contest

Archived