Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 17 Storm Disco I - looking like a POS special

40/70 Benchmark

Hope so man..I'm only mildly hopeful. Too many things seem like they are wrong

well it could ultimately suck - god knows that's the theme this winter and it's still 5 days out - but it does have a few things going for it. the antecedent air mass issue isn't a concern away from the CP. it might not be straight snow, but i'd be interested if i were you.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well it could ultimately suck - god knows that's the theme this winter and it's still 5 days out - but it does have a few things going for it. the antecedent air mass issue isn't a concern away from the CP. it might not be straight snow, but i'd be interested if i were you.

how'd ensembles look early in the game for overnite thur/fri am

Calling the JMA solution a "severe noreaster" is a way over-statement. It's a pedestrian coastal winter storm. QPF totals there are under 1.5 inches with mixing issues early... so figure 1.2" worth in snow is 10-14" .

It would be stellar for this season. but not severe by any stretch.

:weenie: :weenie:

double bunner for actually posting the 144 hr JMA and talking QPF.

I'm always interested..and these marginal events are always my favorite(if it snows) but we've been burned so much this year..it's hard to really think it'll happen

I'm always interested..and these marginal events are always my favorite(if it snows) but we've been burned so much this year..it's hard to really think it'll happen

http://raleighwx.ame...0mbWinds120.gif

not bad .....don't be like a scorned gf who can't get past her old bf's cheating on her

as HM would say this system has nothing to do with the other's...it's a more favorable pattern overall

go Ballz deep

snow sleet snow at the mt. tolland inn

http://raleighwx.ame...0mbWinds120.gif

not bad .....don't be like a scorned gf who can't get past her old bf's cheating on her

as HM would say this system has nothing to do with the other's...it's a more favorable pattern overall

go Ballz deep

snow sleet snow at the mt. tolland inn

BOX has rain border to border in SNE..LOL

ec ens look like they are just inside the BM by 12z fri. it's fairly mild on those progs but weenie extrapolation would suggest damage is done by that point.

i don't know...maybe it cuts through BUF and it's 55F in BOS...

LOL... this winter... anything is possible.

I do have some interest in this storm. Seems like it could be fairly messy.

LOL... this winter... anything is possible as long as it doesn't mean snow.

I should not have interest in this storm. Because even though it seems like it could be fairly messy, the seasonal trend to not snow seemingly because of metaphysics more than physics will continue bang backsides.

Corrected...

LOL... this winter... anything is possible.

I do have some interest in this storm. Seems like it could be fairly messy.

yeah i guess i wouldn't be expecting a blockbuster or anything...but there is some potential for a "wintry appeal" to the whole thing. some decent CAD signaled..even the ec ens have a nice kink in the mslp fields. there's some brief ridging up into the DS region out ahead of this too.

even though the 12z euro has even more of a cutter look vs. previous runs (seems like everything did today) it actually strengthens the surface HP as it passes NNE more on this run...it's getting up there closer to 1030 mb.

i'm not expecting a 1234ABC (or whatever his name was) euro control run blizzard...but maybe some snow to ice over the interior?

Calling the JMA solution a "severe noreaster" is a way over-statement. It's a pedestrian coastal winter storm. QPF totals there are under 1.5 inches with mixing issues early... so figure 1.2" worth in snow is 10-14" .

Wrong map buddy. I have the accuweather 168 and 192 panels which do show a severe nor'easter

post-904-0-75985300-1329081976.jpg

THE LATEST RUN OF THE ECMWF CONTROL MODEL THAT JUST CAME OUT HAS A KU FOR NEXT WEEKEND. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!! IT PRODUCES A BLIZZARD FOR EVERYONE FROM DC TO BOSTON AS IT BRINGS THE LOW FROM THE GULF COAST ON SATURDAY TO THE DELMARVA ON SUNDAY MORNING AND BOMBS IT THERE TO A 978MB, THEN ONLY SLOWLY MOVES IT ENE FROM THERE ALMOST DUE EAST, KEEPING US IN THE HEAVY DEFORMATION BAND FOR THE ENTIRE DAY ON SUNDAY!! TOTAL PRECIP IS NEAR 2 INCHES AND 850'S ARE BELOW FREEZING FROM DC TO BOSTON THE ENTIRE TIME OF THE STORM. THE ONLY AREA CLOSE BY THAT GETS ABOVE FREEZING AT 850 IS EXTREME SOUTHEASTERN NJ ALONG THE COAST FOR A SMALL TIME PERIOD.

I already went and got the bread and milk....lol

Wrong map buddy. I have the accuweather 168 and 192 panels which do show a severe nor'easter

post-904-0-75985300-1329081976.jpg

Tip it's the 192 panel that shows the severe nor'easter

The point being ..you're comparing your ****tiness against an overall canvas of ****tiness - there really isn't anything remarkable in your smaller scale; the remarkability is a much bigger issue. That usually provides empathy to one's scenario when one realizes the sea of iniquity is more like a whole cruise ship compared to being the only soul in "any port in the storm" (Winslow Homer).

I don't give a rat's weenie about the Sierra Nevada....this is the ne forum and a ne thread. Take that, sit on it and spin.

As for the relevant area, I am among the worst and on pace to set a record low mark.

Archived