Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

Hey Bob, why don't you warn Phineas?

Good luck with that, those rules are only for people out of the region, not for people within the region. I wonder if they've lifted the storm mode.

BTW only you can see your warn status, none of us would know you've been naughty or nice unless you told us.

First minute or two of the video nails it.

http://www.nbc.com/a...tml?vid=1178425

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He made an honest comment imo. This thread has gone all over the place. That's my honest opinion.

It's a BANTER thread. Stream of consciousness is a creative and positive aspect of the social interaction here at AMwx. Why not assume Phin was trolling? It was assumed I was trolling when my intenet was much more benign.

Just so you know, nobody can see your warn status but you and the staff.

Doesn't matter, it's still a scarlet letter blemishing my good name.

No need, it's not worth the energy spent thinking about it. Think snow and get some down in to the Valley dammit!

I'm thinking about buying Amwx and then purging all the people I feel aren't here in good faith. Don't worry, most of the SNE crew would survive.....most.

Looks like my backyard. It just won't melt.

Don't try to be nice to me Eek. You have it in for me along with your MA cronies. I simply don't trust you enough to even engage you in a polite discourse. However, good luck with this next sysytem. Oh wait, is that trolling? Geez, I hope Srain doesn't come in here like a church lady with the warning stick to crack my knuckles.

I too have some warn status Pete. I wear mine like a badge of honor. I suggest you don't do the same.

I've been totally wronged and I'm mad as hell.lol

Good luck with that, those rules are only for people out of the region, not for people within the region. I wonder if they've lifted the storm mode.

BTW only you can see your warn status, none of us would know you've been naughty or nice unless you told us.

First minute or two of the video nails it.

http://www.nbc.com/a...tml?vid=1178425

LOL, You know the moderation team is f'ing up big time if they've turned us into allies. What up wit dat?

W. Ma is filled with micro-climates. I don't doubt that Pete's area is still in full winter mode. 2 miles up my road there are still snow banks on the road.

Hell, my yard still has snow/ice (I'll post photos in the morning to document whats left before the imminent blue bomb thump) and a frozen beaver pond but it is quite anomalous to the rest of the immediate area. There are pockets of winter if you want to find them.

Yeah, there are micro-climates all over. There's one place in Longmeadow, MA - south of Springfield - that hold snow particularly well. It's a north facing hillside with pine trees all around so it never get's sun. The ground is mostly sand which I think helps too, but it's got to be one of the last places to lose snow in the southern part of the valley.

When you have a lot of evergreens, you can all kinds of effects. We have ponds that are still ice covered and others that are open water. No snow though!

GOODMORNING SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

Cobalt blue skies have broken out with a temp of 49 degrees................another classic spring day in the winter that never was. Highs around 60 here today with a light west wind, simply sensational!! Wearing shorts, working on the tan, big big big winter incoming. If you dont like todays weather, you gots issues yo

It's a BANTER thread. Stream of consciousness is a creative and positive aspect of the social interaction here at AMwx. Why not assume Phin was trolling? It was assumed I was trolling when my intenet was much more benign.

Doesn't matter, it's still a scarlet letter blemishing my good name.

I'm thinking about buying Amwx and then purging all the people I feel aren't here in good faith. Don't worry, most of the SNE crew would survive.....most.

Don't try to be nice to me Eek. You have it in for me along with your MA cronies. I simply don't trust you enough to even engage you in a polite discourse. However, good luck with this next sysytem. Oh wait, is that trolling? Geez, I hope Srain doesn't come in here like a church lady with the warning stick to crack my knuckles.

I've been totally wronged and I'm mad as hell.lol

LOL, You know the moderation team is f'ing up big time if they've turned us into allies. What up wit dat?

I'd get in on the purchase, silent minority partner. It's absolutely assinine that our region gives the money they do to get **** on by the M/A over and over again. We never get a clear representation of where the donations go anyway, this place is run like the United Way and has an internet budget about equal to Amazon.com. I wonder if any americanwx money goes to fund the other 73 boards some regions have started in the past? Seriously how expensive can the site be to host when they're raising the type of money they're raising? Where's the accounting?

Maybe it's all going to mod training in Maui.

This past Sunday I took a long drive through Chesterfield into Worthington, up to Cummington, through Goshen, etc. in search of winter. And though it was certainly better than here I considered it somewhat of a failed effort. Yeah there was full coverage of a couple inches in the highest spots, but it was hardly the tundra I was longing for, and they have their share of brown, just like all the rest of us.

But that said, it's a gorgeous area no matter the time of year, and I never regret the trip.

GOODMORNING SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

Cobalt blue skies have broken out with a temp of 49 degrees................another classic spring day in the winter that never was. Highs around 60 here today with a light west wind, simply sensational!! Wearing shorts, working on the tan, big big big winter incoming. If you dont like todays weather, you gots issues yo

haha....55 here

:devilsmiley:

why are half of the readings missing from that map?

Anywho-already 52 here at 9:10am...wow

I've found that there are times that map does that or has delayed data. FWIW, I usually use the Mesowest map which only includes QC'd MADIS stations:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/gmap.php?zoom=8&extents=40.347948,-74.047363,43.77506,-69.488037&density=1

It's also more interactive in that you can pan and zoom and when you click on a station you can see 48 hours worth of obs. That along with being able to select the data types that you want makes it more flexible.

OMG!!!! I did a double take just now, and look what came up this morning!!!! I have never seen crocuses in bloom in Feb, this is just amazing and has lifted my spirits to shoot a sub par round today!!!

Best spring ever2

Really? That's really not that unusual. Crocus's are sub-alpine flowers and I've seen them bloom through snow in a sunny location anytime from late February to March. Mine aren't blooming which surprises me given the ground temps, but it would not surprise me if someone down by the coast did have them in bloom.

OMG!!!! I did a double take just now, and look what came up this morning!!!! I have never seen crocuses in bloom in Feb, this is just amazing and has lifted my spirits to shoot a sub par round today!!!

Best spring ever2

Those would look even better if they had a foot of snow on top.

Some rain/snow mix rolling through here. BL temps a bit warm, but flakeage occurs with bursts of heavier precip. I believe 2K must be rocking if I'm mixing down here at 1,150'. Hoping tomorrow morning overachieves.

You guys seriously have some crazy microclimate up there. Like I just said, I walked the 15 minutes to class in a tee and I felt warm. Birds going crazy chirping, wildlife everywhere. Awesome.

It's absolutely assinine that our region gives the money they do to get **** on by the M/A over and over again. We never get a clear representation of where the donations go anyway, this place is run like the United Way and has an internet budget about equal to Amazon.com. I wonder if any americanwx money goes to fund the other 73 boards some regions have started in the past? Seriously how expensive can the site be to host when they're raising the type of money they're raising? Where's the accounting? Maybe it's all going to mod training in Maui.

I thought about explaining this but you're being kind of a douchebag and that makes it hard to waste my time on you.

I thought about explaining this but you're being kind of a douchebag and that makes it hard to waste my time on you.

They use liquidweb smart servers. There isn't much to explain is there? https://www.liquidwe...ers/#showsignup

we don't know which plan, we know they've now broken it out into two servers, one for the DB and one for the web. But let's face it as time has gone on we know less and less of what goes on, who owns the site and what the plans are.

Everyone here donates something whether it's time, money, posts, advertising clicks...but who's to say in a year this isn't sold off to accuweather and someone walks away with a bundle. Kind of feel like as time goes on we've been kept in the dark. (ironically this was one of the big complaints about marcus...a guy I never had a single problem with over the years and who told us down the megabyte what the plans were with servers etc).

They use liquidweb smart servers. There isn't much to explain is there? https://www.liquidwe...ers/#showsignup

we don't know which plan, we know they've now broken it out into two servers, one for the DB and one for the web. But let's face it as time has gone on we know less and less of what goes on, who owns the site and what the plans are.

Everyone here donates something whether it's time, money, posts, advertising clicks...but who's to say in a year this isn't sold off to accuweather and someone walks away with a bundle. Kind of feel like as time goes on we've been kept in the dark.

The hosting is $6096 per year and the other expenses are listed in the donation thread.

There are four admins and they own the board.

The plans are to run the board.

Hey Joe, I just drove through your beloved South Carolina and everything is in "full bud out". The maples are aflame in their pretty, but suffocating (pollen-wise) red. Small leaves starting to pop on some of the "northern" trees.

I saw maples popping as far north as extreme southern VA actually. The trees are very confused.

Best spring ever2

The hosting is $6096 per year and the other expenses are listed in the donation thread.

There are four admins and they own the board.

The plans are to run the board.

I don't see any of that in the donation thread. Heck I can't even find the total amount raised. http://www.americanw...donation-drive/

Nobody has any idea what the site generates in revenue through ads etc. The majority of the funds raised on this site are through donations, a little more transparency about where it's going would be nice.

Someday I see a couple of people walking away with a decent chunk of change.

Archived