Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 16/17 light icing and mix

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats--you must have been just far enough south to pick up enough moisture. I'll measure later on to determine mine. At least I didnt' get shut out of measurable which was a concern. Just because I worry about such things.

I'm surprised they've delayed school for 2hrs here. When I was a kid........

3 inches..time to shovel :snowing:

Same up here. Nice to see a full blanket of white out there.

Congratulations, Kevin. Long time wait is over. Of course, only wimps shovel for 3". :)

Forecast played out well. I may have picked up an inch, but likely it's a little less. Nice to freshen up the two events from last week in either case.

One of the reasons I shovel 3" is so it doesn't turn to ice but my real reason is to pile as much as I can so it will last longer. When I was a kid I'd shovel snow from the sunny side of the yard to shady side. One year it lasted till May. :)

The forecast was spot here...congrats BOX!

Congrats--you must have been just far enough south to pick up enough moisture. I'll measure later on to determine mine. At least I didnt' get shut out of measurable which was a concern. Just because I worry about such things.

I measured 1.8" here and that was being conservative.

At 11pm I had sent a 1.3" measurement to Box so we picked up almost .5" here from the 2nd round.

There has been some compacting.

29/27

When I was out with the dog last night from 10-11 in a very nice period of moderate to sometimes heavy snow, I felt so joyful and was not alone. Many of my fellow citizens were out whooping it up. Snow lovers have had a rough winter here but last night it snowed, I had to shovel this morning, and the landscape unmistakingly says...winter.....Long...live....winter! Looking forward to the strong front and renewed cold before the next system. Do you all now see the value of strong antecedent cold?

Northern Tolland CTY FTW..even thouygh Scooter didn't believe me

...TOLLAND COUNTY...

STAFFORDVILLE 3.0 456 AM 1/17 NONE

STAFFORD SPRINGS 3.0 700 AM 1/17 NONE

TOLLAND 2.9 531 AM 1/17 NONE

COVENTRY 2.8 1203 AM 1/17 NONE

Feels good to jackpot even in the little events doesn't it? Congrats. 3" seems like a lot of snow this winter. Pile it high dude.

I measured 1.8" here and that was being conservative.

At 11pm I had sent a 1.3" measurement to Box so we picked up almost .5" here from the 2nd round.

There has been some compacting.

29/27

I was wondering if that was you.

Just about 3.5" on the board.

Congratulations--you FTW. Think you're the highest report of the day.

27.1/26

No idea how much snow fell, Only the N side of my house showed that there was any snow left. Driveway was a mess of ice as was the street. I did wake up around midnight and saw that it had snowed. I see BOX shows no totals down in my area on the map or PNS. Must have ended up being inconsequential. I'll go with 0.3" for a total. QPF for last night and this AM that was snow according to Wunderground was ~0.09".

Archived