12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 16/17 light icing and mix

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL--you mean on the snowfall measurement? I don't think anyone doubted his total.

I do think one of the more funny comments was made last year when (either Dave or Eric) coined the term "kevinch" for measuring snow. I still laugh. Of course, I'm easily amused.

Cold trying to hang tough here. 32.0/31, dense fog, rn-.

I bet he got close to 3", so his 2.9 seemed correct. Of course he took my 2.5" out of context last night when I said he must have had at least 2.5" already and it was snowing. He gets all flustered when you question him, so it's fun to do. Although, there are times where it is warranted.

I bet he got close to 3", so his 2.9 seemed correct. Of course he took my 2.5" out of context last night when I said he must have had at least 2.5" already and it was snowing. He gets all flustered when you question him, so it's fun to do. Although, there are times where it is warranted.

I had 3 but rounded it down directly because of you.

The other Tolland poster said he had close to 4

35.2° F and moderate rain here. At least it's a cold rain so the snowpack is absorbing the water instead of melting. The snow should glacierize after the cold front comes through.

ALB keying in on some potential upslope tomorrow in their AFD:

WED...MAIN STORY WILL BE STRONG WINDS ONGOING THROUGH EARLY

AFTERNOON...WITH GUSTS OF 50-55 MPH POSSIBLE. SNOW

SHOWERS/FLURRIES WILL INCREASE IN AREAL COVERAGE IN THE

MORNING...WITH UPSLOPE/LAKE EFFECT SNOWS POSSIBLE. LOW LEVEL WIND

FLOW INDICATES BEST POTENTIAL ACROSS SOUTHERN HERKIMER CO...FOR

NOW DID NOT ISSUE ANY ADVISORIES...BUT THIS WILL NEED TO BE

WATCHED. ALSO...UPSLOPE SNOW ACROSS THE TACONICS/BERKSHIRES AND

GREENS COULD REACH 2-4 INCHES. EXPECT TEMPS TO FALL FROM MORNING

HIGHS IN THE 20S AND 30S.

I'm not sure it'll be that much IMO, but wind trajectory is favorable for something, perhaps at least a coating to 2" type deal. I think after last Friday's overperformer, they're being a little more cautious.

Band of cold rain, some FZRA for awhile, now exiting east... Left with drizzle, fog and 32F, but apparently a smidge over the freezing point.

0.6" earlier today... then 90 min ago started moderate ZR at 31F. Now its 30F with a solid glaze of ice and we have gone back to sleet with flakes mixed it. Massive aggregates falling amid large sleet pellets and a light mist. True wintery mix.

Our friend Andy (wx4cast) had 4-8" on his Upslope graphics (Noon news on channels 10/19) for the Berks and Greens...don't recall his exact contours. That was his max. area.

Oh ..if the NWS is correct about southern Herkimer County, that traditionally aims at me in lesser form and then is the ideal Upslope into W. Mass....

35.2° F and moderate rain here. At least it's a cold rain so the snowpack is absorbing the water instead of melting. The snow should glacierize after the cold front comes through.

I'm not sure it'll be that much IMO, but wind trajectory is favorable for something, perhaps at least a coating to 2" type deal. I think after last Friday's overperformer, they're being a little more cautious.

Thinking the same thing here. 32.0/31, not much in the way of melt in spite of the rain. But, did just have another big roof slide. Always a little fun and unnerving.

That AFD has me wanting to get MP3 quickly. 2K is calling--Pete can visit at lunch. lol

Our friend Andy (wx4cast) had 4-8" on his Upslope graphics (Noon news on channels 10/19) for the Berks and Greens...don't recall his exact contours. That was his max. area.

Oh ..if the NWS is correct about southern Herkimer County, that traditionally aims at me in lesser form and then is the ideal Upslope into W. Mass....

Yes, tomorrow should be a classic WNW to ESE lake effect band situation aiming right down the Mohawk Valley and upsloping in the Berkshires/Taconics and southern Greens. I usually play these things conservatively at first and then revise upward or downward if necessary when it comes to nowcasting time. Regardless, I think tomorrow does have some potential to produce some nice snows for someone around here.

Here is Andy's map:

post-48-0-54151900-1326834953.jpg

Yes, tomorrow should be a classic WNW to ESE lake effect band situation aiming right down the Mohawk Valley and upsloping in the Berkshires/Taconics and southern Greens. I usually play these things conservatively at first and then revise upward or downward if necessary when it comes to nowcasting time. Regardless, I think tomorrow does have some potential to produce some nice snows for someone around here.

Here is Andy's map:

Tastey.

Some pingers mixing in now.

ANDY FTW!!!!

Nice Mitch this looks pretty potent, LES enhancement?

Tastey.

Some pingers mixing in now.

Pockets of 32 degrees once I got on the east side of the spine. Some pingers on the ride home. Liking the turn in our fortunes Mike. We've got a good base down now and with more snow in the forecast things are going to get even better. Elevation is worth every penny.

Pockets of 32 degrees once I got on the east side of the spine. Some pingers on the ride home. Liking the turn in our fortunes Mike. We've got a good base down now and with more snow in the forecast things are going to get even better. Elevation is worth every penny.

We don't seem to hold onto the cold as well as the eastern spine of the Greens/Berks, or as well as locations a bit north like Lake Winni...I made it up to 41F here in Rindge after 1.25" snow fell. Now there is a light rain falling at 34F with the snow continuing to melt. We'll definitely leave the event with a solid snowpack, however.

That's what my wife says. Good time, good times. Cranking day tomorrow bro you know the routine, heavy heavy streamers incoming.

My wife was explaining to her mother how I'm all about assessing the altitude as we look at places. I said "no, no, no.....it's elevation, not altitude".

Meanwhile, high of the day now--32.2/32. Pea soup fog.

We don't seem to hold onto the cold as well as the eastern spine of the Greens/Berks, or as well as locations a bit north like Lake Winni...I made it up to 41F here in Rindge after 1.25" snow fell. Now there is a light rain falling at 34F with the snow continuing to melt. We'll definitely leave the event with a solid snowpack,icepack however.

Glacier for the win.

Archived