Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Tropopause_Fold

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely think this is the best looking situation I've seen to date this winter in terms of a Berkshire, southern Greens upslope snow event. We probably start briefly as rain showers early Friday morning before the front comes through and then flip over to snow as the temperatures crash. This could pave the way for a nasty flash freeze event along with moderate to heavy upslope snow showers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone around here picks up several inches of new snow by Saturday morning in these parts. Hopefully, it'll pan out this time as these events are tough to forecast locally. It depends a lot on things such as low-level moisture, lapse rates, wind speed, wind direction, and overall synoptic features such as vorticity advection and frontogenesis.

So what should we be expecting for gusts over all of SNE? Did we lose the snow squalls?

not sure that snow squalls will be much of an issue outside of the usual NW areas...BL is pretty mild going in...i think most is rain...though maybe it cools fast enough for some spots to flip? doesn't look that way right now though.

45 C, 55 E?

not sure that snow squalls will be much of an issue outside of the usual NW areas...BL is pretty mild going in...i think most is rain...though maybe it cools fast enough for some spots to flip? doesn't look that way right now though.

45 C, 55 E?

Kind of a downer considering what tsome models were showing yesterday with all of us gusting 55+

Archived