Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Tropopause_Fold

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Great day here and pretty much unforecast. Although I was expecting some upslope, I didn't expect to see anything like this. 9" of new snow today. 8" of new OTG, due to some compaction. 10.5-11" of snow OTG total. We had about 9" from an upslope event in early December 2010, but it was over a 36-48 hour period and snow was much lighter than today. I guess anytime a sub 520 dm upper low goes over you here in WNE with huge PVA and moist CAA, look out. Incredible stuff around here today, I won't forget this one anytime soon.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Great day here and pretty much unforecast. Although I was expecting some upslope, I didn't expect to see anything like this. 9" of new snow today. 8" of new OTG, due to some compaction. 10.5-11" of snow OTG total. We had about 9" from an upslope event in early December 2010, but it was over a 36-48 hour period and snow was much lighter than today. I guess anytime a sub 520 dm upper low goes over you here in WNE with huge PVA and moist CAA, look out. Incredible stuff around here today, I won't forget this one anytime soon.

Wow, that's awesome. Man I would die for that. Enjoy.

Such a unique situation. Usually the ULLs that produce this events arent always aided by the drastic temperature contrasts between SNE and NNE. Its crazy to think it was mid 50's earlier. You know this winter is funky when we get ball breaking cold starting with a SW wind shift. You really cashed in with the convergence zone between warm and cold today then the synoptic lift reintensified the snow for you. Awesome

Okay, picture time. I have some from the height of the squalls around 1-1:30 PM. Visibility was down to about 200-300' at this point. Enjoy!

img2874rd.jpg

Just flurries here for now, but expecting some more love later. 24.1° F.

Awesome shots, Mitch.

After todays snow it actually looks like winter here.

Looks nice, Chris!

Nice...this event has definitely exceeded my expectations big-time. Tons of moisture, instability, and strong cross barrier flow FTW. I think this may keep up until at least 00Z if not 03Z.

7" new, 10" OTG. Moderate to heavy snow here again.

Awesome! I'm thrilled with what I'm guestimated was 4" between the first round I had posted about that came in late moring/early afternoon and then after my trip to CT and back. Different world down there--VERY windy along the coastline.

Thank you Green Mountain Spine.

One of the more incredible drives into work this morning that I can remember in a long time. Just me and the plow trucks clearing the lodges and hotels. Piles and piles of fluffy powder on everything. I had around 8-9" on my car from 4pm-4am. J.Spin reported up to 3"/hr rates last night and jvt in Stowe had around 5" in 4 hours yesterday evening. Impressive snowfall rates, even for upslope.

Here at the mountain, 2" during the day yesterday, another 10" on the snow board this morning, 12" past 24 hours. Storm total 15.5" last 48 hours. Snow depth is 20" now.

The drifts out my office window are incredible and the snow banks have tripled over night.

Still snowing.... low topped stuff so the radar isn't catching it on the east side of the Spine here.

One of the more incredible drives into work this morning that I can remember in a long time. Just me and the plow trucks clearing the lodges and hotels. Piles and piles of fluffy powder on everything. I had around 8-9" on my car from 4pm-4am. J.Spin reported up to 3"/hr rates last night and jvt in Stowe had around 5" in 4 hours yesterday evening. Impressive snowfall rates, even for upslope.

Here at the mountain, 2" during the day yesterday, another 10" on the snow board this morning, 12" past 24 hours. Storm total 15.5" last 48 hours. Snow depth is 20" now.

The drifts out my office window are incredible and the snow banks have tripled over night.

Still snowing.... low topped stuff so the radar isn't catching it on the east side of the Spine here.

Berkshire East has been e-mailing me with their fresh snow messages the last two days. Hats off to their PR folks, they're banging the 'we're getting snow' drum loudly. Hope the whole industry can turn a weak early season into a really successful one.

The main LES band swept through here just before I woke up and it looks like it left about 1.5" of powder. Glad to have some elevation here.

Very little if anything even on the ground immediately along the Hudson River. I was in there late on Thursday and only slight coatings in places from that event. None of this LES stuff would give them more than a dusting. Delmar can't have much...maybe a couple inches tops if it didn't melt off.

Upslope snow machine has started up once again. This is more of a classic WNW lake effect band hitting the west slope of the Berks case and getting its life squeezed out. Moderate to heavy snow. Unlike yesterday, this stuff is total fluff with 30 to 1 type ratios. About 1" new this morning.

buried

Archived