Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 12-14 Potential storm

dilly84

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the 18z GFS ensembles want to hang the precip back farther west/a little longer than the OP. Also, about half or more seem to be a little juicier than the OP (72 hour total QPF with the last image).

sweet.

Just like the good ole days, Illinois will pull the upset and the 0z models deliver big snow.

Seems like the 18z GFS ensembles want to hang the precip back farther west/a little longer than the OP. Also, about half or more seem to be a little juicier than the OP, though I guess that depends on your exact location (72 hour total QPF with the last image).

Man, those def are juicier than the operational run in many cases. Several have parts of the western shoreline areas in the 0.75-1" range, which would sure be sweet.

Man, those def are juicier than the operational run in many cases. Several have parts of the western shoreline areas in the 0.75-1" range, which would sure be sweet.

A lot of those ensembles are quite strong and generous on the qpf. I have heavy snow in my forecast - first time probably since February.

Sorry, a bit late on this..been busy preparing to get my wisdom teeth yoinked tomorrow :arrowhead:... anyways, my model isn't so excited.

post-2778-0-65520500-1326244833.png

It's not that bad...thanks for posting it. Quick question, does your model just do 10:1 snow ratios?

And good luck on the "surgery" tomorrow. :)

It's not that bad...thanks for posting it. Quick question, does your model just do 10:1 snow ratios?

And good luck on the "surgery" tomorrow. :)

Hmm. Good question. Comparing to the QPF output, I'd say ever so slightly less than 10:1 - its just snow depth, not accumulated snow so I believe it is accounting for some compacting/sublimation/etc. If we go to 15:1, it has amounts upwards of 8" along eastern WI so yeah, I guess thats not so terrible. And goes along with a reasonable 1-2" for LAF.

And, thanks, it should be a blast :) At least I'll have something cheerful to track while recovering.

Getting excited up here in Appleton/Neenah, Wi. This storm will definetly make it easier to wake up Thursday morning for work. I will definetly be acting like a kid, sneaking away from work to look out the window. Best of luck to all.

I haven't seen any real winter weather this year outside of an October storm in Denver and an inch or so over Christmas back in the northern Detroit suburbs.

Here's to letting it rip in an area that really can use the snow and cold!

Getting excited up here in Appleton/Neenah, Wi. This storm will definetly make it easier to wake up Thursday morning for work. I will definetly be acting like a kid, sneaking away from work to look out the window. Best of luck to all.

I haven't seen any real winter weather this year outside of an October storm in Denver and an inch or so over Christmas back in the northern Detroit suburbs.

Here's to letting it rip in an area that really can use the snow and cold!

Welcome to the forum! Wouldn't be surprised if you make out like a bandit with this one. The NAM sure likes EC Wisconsin, and the 0z looks similar but maybe a touch south. High ratio stuff regardless.

Welcome to the forum! Wouldn't be surprised if you make out like a bandit with this one. The NAM sure likes EC Wisconsin, and the 0z looks similar but maybe a touch south. High ratio stuff regardless.

Thanks! I actually live in Chicago, but am in Appleton for the next two weeks working. Can't complain about my timing here. Too bad I will likely be too busy to enjoy the weather.

Nice to see some familiar faces over here too. Best of luck to my Michigan crew back home.

Archived