northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while my friends droid didnt crash when i was using it, i do remember him saying he had to reboot it and it would freeze up and he had to take the battery out to reset

I got the Samsung Galaxy smart phone and love it..TMobile has real good reception here so i get the 3g network and has never dropped a call. My wife, against my advice, chose a blackberry and it's a piece of junk!! She hates it now and all i say is "i told you not to"...lol

Anyone know where I can go to get a radar with precipitation type as an option to embed into blogger? The one I have is using Accuweather's Southeast regional radar/satellite combo and that is as close as I have gotten to getting the type of radar that I wanted. So far I have not seen widgetbox contain something like it. TWC had it but the widget does not work (for me at least) and it had exactly what I was needing (let alone the only one I came across) so at the moment I'm stuck.

while my friends droid didnt crash when i was using it, i do remember him saying he had to reboot it and it would freeze up and he had to take the battery out to reset

YEP! Mine and sis in laws phones did the same thing....got to where we could not send texts.....Both of us got an iphone4s at Christmas....WOW!!! Having owned 2 droids....iphone smokes them both! Easy to figure out how to use....I have not had any dropped calls....

Anyone know where I can go to get a radar with precipitation type as an option to embed into blogger? The one I have is using Accuweather's Southeast regional radar/satellite combo and that is as close as I have gotten to getting the type of radar that I wanted. So far I have not seen widgetbox contain something like it. TWC had it but the widget does not work (for me at least) and it had exactly what I was needing (let alone the only one I came across) so at the moment I'm stuck.

It's not really a widgetbox...I imagine that is incredibly hard to find. But if you can just use a direct link to an image, you can use intellicast.com...if it's too big you can define parameters to only show part of the radar with HTML...

You can embed a national animation

usa_None_anim.gif

or local:

row_None_anim.gif

Yesterday as I was posting Obs about the storm here, my wife looks over at me and says......"What are you doing?"

I replied, "I'm posting about the storm here to inform everyone down the line on what is coming their way, it's what we do here on AmWx." She proceeds to to say, "You are such a Nerd!" I myself and pretty sure everyone else here wears that statement like a "Badge of Honor".:D

Where all did you go in LA?

We stayed at the Ramada Limited in Ronaldo Beach. It was pretty cheap and didn't look like much, but it was fine.

We drove down to San Diego and saw some stuff on the first day. On the second day, we went to Hollywood and took the obligatory tour of the Hollywood Bowl, Kodak Theater, ect. On the third day, we took a ferry to Santa Catalina Island, which was pretty cool. I did some kayaking out there and some other stuff. On the fourth day, we took a tour of Paramount Studios and spent a lot of time at Santa Monica (especially the pier). We didn't do much on the fifth and final day except hang around downtown since the rental car had to be returned by 6 PM. We barely made the 10:40 PM red eye back to Charlotte flying standby that night. There were three of us and only two seats, but my dad used the jump-seat, so we didn't have to stay another night.

All in all, it was fun. It was neat to see LA, but I think I can say that I wouldn't want to live there. Much of the metropolis is nothing but block after block of streets, fast food chains, and department stores, but it was cool.

We stayed at the Ramada Limited in Ronaldo Beach. It was pretty cheap and didn't look like much, but it was fine.

We drove down to San Diego and saw some stuff on the first day. On the second day, we went to Hollywood and took the obligatory tour of the Hollywood Bowl, Kodak Theater, ect. On the third day, we took a ferry to Santa Catalina Island, which was pretty cool. I did some kayaking out there and some other stuff. On the fourth day, we took a tour of Paramount Studios and spent a lot of time at Santa Monica (especially the pier). We didn't do much on the fifth and final day except hang around downtown since the rental car had to be returned by 6 PM. We barely made the 10:40 PM red eye back to Charlotte flying standby that night. There were three of us and only two seats, but my dad used the jump-seat, so we didn't have to stay another night.

All in all, it was fun. It was neat to see LA, but I think I can say that I wouldn't want to live there. Much of the metropolis is nothing but block after block of streets, fast food chains, and department stores, but it was cool.

I go to LA once or twice a year. I prefer San Diego and that area to LA though. Haha the first time I went to Hollywood Blvd. I was like, "WTF???" My favorite experience there was seeing a guy dressed as two face just after the Dark Knight came out, the only problem was he dressed like the two-face from Batman Forever played by Tommy Lee Jones. Needless to say he got cross looks from kids who had no idea who he was and adults just laughed. I saw him slump down and sneak into an ally way. Pretty much sums up Hollywood Blvd. to be hones it's just pretty sad.

Next time you go try riding the LA subway, that is def. something you have to do. Kind of like riding the BART in Oakland. Also did you go walk down Venice Beach? If you're away from your parents you would get asked a million times if you want medical marijuana .It really is like a different country out there. There are beautiful people though.

Important reminder (for our sanity; or at least mine). I think Cheeznado made a good statement a few days back to not get too excited or disappointed as each model runs comes in. Right now things are looking good but I guarantee that we'll get a string of bad (or not great) runs in the days ahead ;especially because of the pattern flip.

....Imagine the ups and downs that will happen once we start tracking the first legitimate threat.

Curious. where have all the down east posters gotten off to this past week, espeacilly our new mod?

Here, was very busy last week putting a new roof on e house, and gutters. Had a small crew helping me, but took us the better part of 7 days to do it all. Finished mortaring in the new copper chimney flashing on Friday, and started painting some exterior stuff over the weekend. I tried to check in a couple times/day and handle any SE reports, but not had much time to post. Now that the major stuff is done, I should have more time in the weeks ahead. Have to rent a stump grinder and grind out 4 stumps, maybe this weekend, and pressure washing the house, maybe this weekend too, unsure. Picked a good time to do all this though, as winter wx in the SE is pretty much nonexistent ATM.

Archived