northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious. where have all the down east posters gotten off to this past week, espeacilly our new mod?

my guess would be the same place a lot of us have been. no active or interesting wx, no real winter right now, and waiting to see the models finally bring in the cold air we have all been waiting for. i have noticed a huge decrease in the amount of time i have been on the board this winter as compared to last year!

Good Morning,

I wanted to sat Thank you for your encouraging words as I did put my beloved New Foundland down this morning. I know I made the right decision as this morning he began to have seizures. I see that some you folks love animals as much as you do weather! Thanks all, I apperciate the kind gestures and you guys are awesome!

Good Morning,

I wanted to sat Thank you for your encouraging words as I did put my beloved New Foundland down this morning. I know I made the right decision as this morning he began to have seizures. I see that some you folks love animals as much as you do weather! Thanks all, I apperciate the kind gestures and you guys are awesome!

I'm sorry to hear he is gone. :cry: Good luck dealing with the grief associated with this loss, I'm thinking about you today.

Good Morning,

Damn sorry to hear that, those are beautiful dogs but if he had a good life that's what really counts!

It is always a hard choice to place a family member (of the animal kind) into a forever sleep. We all know how bad it hurts. I assume, seeing the care and concern in your post, that you were an awesome owner.

My thoughts are with you in this time of sadness...

Good Morning,

Good Morning,

i am so sorry, that is a horrible thing all pet owners must go through. grew up with cats and dogs and have had several dogs myself (including my lab i have now). my beagle had seizures and they are horrifying to have to witness. :( just saw the other posts as well - you are not alone we have all had to experience the grief and pain. i am also thinking about yall today

Btw the mid-long range disco is around 1260 replies so far.

Yeah, and still no real decent snow chances within a week. And it's sill talking about anything outside 10 days. I really hope the storms on Wednesday change things, but it just seems like it'll be too warm for snow when we do have precip, and then dry when it's cold enough for snow.

Not to be bitter but some people need to understand what goes in the mid-long range disco and what doesn't and belongs here in the banter thread. I value many opinions as long as it's on topic, but if I want to hear what others think about the 12z gfs I don't want to skip over casual conversation. What happened to our mod? Edit: Nevermind I see above...haha. :D

Here, was very busy last week putting a new roof on e house, and gutters. Had a small crew helping me, but took us the better part of 7 days to do it all. Finished mortaring in the new copper chimney flashing on Friday, and started painting some exterior stuff over the weekend. I tried to check in a couple times/day and handle any SE reports, but not had much time to post. Now that the major stuff is done, I should have more time in the weeks ahead. Have to rent a stump grinder and grind out 4 stumps, maybe this weekend, and pressure washing the house, maybe this weekend too, unsure. Picked a good time to do all this though, as winter wx in the SE is pretty much nonexistent ATM.

My folks just finally got the approval from the insurance company and the roofer is set to replace theirs. The number of new roofs is nuts and tons of people are going with the new metal roofs they are everywhere since Irene. Luckily no trees down in my parents yard ( they dont have any since they all came down in Bertha and Fran and they never planted new ones ) but there is still 8-10 massive trees down in our neighbors heavily wooded lot.

Yeah, and still no real decent snow chances within a week. And it's sill talking about anything outside 10 days. I really hope the storms on Wednesday change things, but it just seems like it'll be too warm for snow when we do have precip, and then dry when it's cold enough for snow.

Brick, now I think you're more of a troll than Widre...

I guess things are getting interesting at least, but still doesn't look like any decent snow chances around here. Either wet and too warm, or cold but dry.

Sounds like the models can't be depended on anything. They are all over the place. No wonder we don't really have any idea when it comes to snow around here.

Sounds like rain when we do have precip and just dry when we have the cold enough for snow. This winter looks like it's going down as a real dud as far as snow goes around here.

I'm not sure what's worse, the models crying wolf all the time and showing a big snow 10 days out and then taking it away a few days later, or the models not showing anything at all.

You keep talking about 10 days then taking away...I doubt that will continue to be the case...the big key is this pattern change. It's very apparent that the models are having trouble with it, as seen in the ensembles and basically complete differences between the models themselves and run to run on single models such as the GFS. Slowly but surely we'll get to a point where the models start agreeing...I know it's hard to be patient in January but you have to!

Everyone keeps talking about we have plenty of time left. But this past decade most of our snow has been in December and January around my area. And there is nothing right now that shows things getting better down the road this winter. Last year we supposedly had one of the best winters ever as far as potential goes, and I only got three snow storms out of all that great potential, and those were in December and January. December was way warm, and January has been warmer than normal, too. Last winter we had so much cold here, but still only got three snows to show for it. It just looks to me like this winter is a big fail. They keep talking about the pattern change, but the models are all over the place, and none of them are showing anything as far as snow around here, not even a fantasy storm 10 days out.

Everyone keeps talking about we have plenty of time left. But this past decade most of our snow has been in December and January around my area. And there is nothing right now that shows things getting better down the road this winter. Last year we supposedly had one of the best winters ever as far as potential goes, and I only got three snow storms out of all that great potential, and those were in December and January. December was way warm, and January has been warmer than normal, too. Last winter we had so much cold here, but still only got three snows to show for it. It just looks to me like this winter is a big fail. They keep talking about the pattern change, but the models are all over the place, and none of them are showing anything as far as snow around here, not even a fantasy storm 10 days out.

LOL For the love of God do us all a favor and just GTFO! Jesus you have being a weenie down.

I don't blame the models. I blame wasteful spending and not enough aid to NOAA on weather technology for them being so indecisive. NOAA and NASA just launched NPP not too long ago. It will gradually make weather forecasting much more accurate hopefully.

I'm going to step away from posting for a bit, I think I may just tick people off with my negativity, no point in poisoning the subforum if I'm the only one who feels this way. I don't know if I'll calm down later today or if it takes a bit longer, but I'll be back. I'll post from time to time but the constant searching for something positive is over for me, I'll leave the negative stuff out too.

and Dacula, I hope mother nature shows me what she's got, right now she is not impressing me. I hope she proves me to be completely wrong.

I'm going to step away from posting for a bit, I think I may just tick people off with my negativity, no point in poisoning the subforum if I'm the only one who feels this way. I don't know if I'll calm down later today or if it takes a bit longer, but I'll be back. I'll post from time to time but the constant searching for something positive is over for me, I'll leave the negative stuff out too.

and Dacula, I hope mother nature shows me what she's got, right now she is not impressing me. I hope she proves me to be completely wrong.

Snow withdrawal, eventually you get through them and find yourself not caring if it snows or not. Of course, you have to go through the stages of grief first.

1. Denial - Oh, it's no big deal, the pattern will get better, all the models are wrong, we'll get some snow!

2. Anger- Stupid models, stupid weather, why can't we just get some damn snow!?

3. Bargaining - If we just get 1" of snow this winter, I will be happy... I'll do anything for just 1" of snow!

4. Depression - This winter is terrible, it's never going to snow ever again, I feel so hopeless.

5. Acceptance - Well, it didn't snow this winter, there's always next winter!

Haha naw man no worries from me. I was just giving you a hard time. Don't stop posting you have some good insight and GA needs all the posters they can get.

I don't see anything yet to show this winter is nothing but a big fail. The current pattern sucks. I know there will be change after this week, but I still don't see anything at all to get excited about.

I really hope I cash in, so many times your back yard received more than me and you are the biggest complainer. Oh well just brick being brick.

Archived