joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rankin5150 is in Gaston Hosp. in Gastonia (think thats where he is) with his Chrohns Disease acting up, and wanted to say hello to the board and ask for his friends prayers and thoughts. He thinks it will be Wednesday before he can get released. Just thought I'd pass this along. Hope everyone has a happy , healthy new year.

A guy on another fourm mentioned that we might be close to the year 1985 as far as analogs go....and according to him, and 85 had fun times ahead after a warm start....anyone want to share on 1985.....I'm not too good at the analogs and historical bit.

I don't really like using analogs because I think people view them as just about carbon copies, but that year had the massive CaK. outbreak, with -30 at 850 coming into the upper South. That was true deep arctic type cold. Think that was the year Florida got so cold and the Space Shuttle tragedy.

rankin5150 is in Gaston Hosp. in Gastonia (think thats where he is) with his Chrohns Disease acting up, and wanted to say hello to the board and ask for his friends prayers and thoughts. He thinks it will be Wednesday before he can get released. Just thought I'd pass this along. Hope everyone has a happy , healthy new year.

Oh No! Certainly will send up prayers! And will tell my grandmother to pray too when I talk to her tomorrow.....He lives in her town.

Robert, thanks for letting us know. Happy New Year to you and your family :)

Thanks for posting this Robert. Jason is a good man and I will pray for him and his family...

Thoughts and prayers sent :hug:

They have hotels in Boone. I recommend High Country Inn.

:lol: Thanks for the tip ;)

Happy New Year to the SE Crew :wub: Wishing you all an awesome 2012 and then some :hug:

A guy on another fourm mentioned that we might be close to the year 1985 as far as analogs go....and according to him, and 85 had fun times ahead after a warm start....anyone want to share on 1985.....I'm not too good at the analogs and historical bit.

As far as snow goes this is the only write up I could find but I dont know if that is because tis the only event or what obviously for here this event sucked but the NW corner did ok

Yeah, kinda lit, about ready to go mod the NE sub :D

Ron, that was @ u

LOL I might call ya later to make sure you dont get in trouble....also we should look at doing a GTG sometime this month prolly the weekend of the 21st, should be at least me, you, Shaggy, Boz and Jeff....hoping to get some new folks as well....maybe do a few deer backstraps on the grill.

What's on the menu tonight? Bourbon or single malt?

How'd I know you would chime in. Wasn't it you that labeled me the board drunk last year? You don't how it is living on a mountain in the dead of winter.

the-shining.jpg

But to answer your question, Pam is hosting a party for her little work friends and colleagues. What miserable bunch of people! There are 4 or 5 here already and I haven't left my office yet. Our shopper picked up the liquor yesterday and there was a trunk load !!!!

So I will survive. :drunk:

How'd I know you would chime in. Wasn't it you that labeled me the board drunk last year? You don't how it is living on a mountain in the dead of winter.

the-shining.jpg

But to answer your question, Pam is hosting a party for her little work friends and colleagues. What miserable bunch of people! There are 4 or 5 here already and I haven't left my office yet. Our shopper picked up the liquor yesterday and there was a trunk load !!!!

:lmao: Ah yes the spouses work group. Fun, fun, fun! Probably one of the reasons there is something called binge drinking.

Modified Belgium white of course, ~ 7% abv, Happy New Year!!! 2012 here we come, maybe the Roth IRA and SN totals will post gains, not liking the outlook though. :beer:

post-382-0-15225600-1325376049.jpg

:drunk:

WNC......I'm a big IPA guy and really like Belgiums as well. I have never seen this one. Definately have to check it out!!

Happy New Years guys (and gals) and here's to a SNOWY 2012 :snowman:

Yeah, kinda lit, about ready to go mod the NE sub :D

Ron, that was @ u :poster_oops:

:lol:

the-shining.jpg

:lol:

Just think.....it's not even 8:00 yet :drunk:

:lmao: Ah yes the spouses work group. Fun, fun, fun! Probably one of the reasons there is something called binge drinking.

Yea, they get all testy if you ask them about the bunion on your foot but don't have problem picking your brain about business and investments all night.

Well, I've put it off long enough. I'm going take a snort and get out there. Wish me luck !

Archived