joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally a decent meteor shower, with no moon interference, on the COLDEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR!!!

The first meteor shower of 2012 — the lesser known Quadrantid meteor shower — will kick off a new year of skywatching when it peaks on Wednesday (Jan. 4).

While many meteor displays in 2011 were washed out by a bright moon, the Quadrantid meteor shower is expected to put on a spectacular light show, with no pesky moonlight to interfere. The peak of the Quadrantids will occur at around 2 a.m. EST (0700 GMT) on Jan. 4.

If you're planning to stay up late to catch the peak, you could be treated to meteors at a rate of 100 per hour, NASA officials said in a statement.

http://www.kold.com/story/16428486/meteor-shower-peaks-early-morning-wednesday

Finally a decent meteor shower, with no moon interference, on the COLDEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR!!!

The first meteor shower of 2012 — the lesser known Quadrantid meteor shower — will kick off a new year of skywatching when it peaks on Wednesday (Jan. 4).

While many meteor displays in 2011 were washed out by a bright moon, the Quadrantid meteor shower is expected to put on a spectacular light show, with no pesky moonlight to interfere. The peak of the Quadrantids will occur at around 2 a.m. EST (0700 GMT) on Jan. 4.

If you're planning to stay up late to catch the peak, you could be treated to meteors at a rate of 100 per hour, NASA officials said in a statement.

http://www.kold.com/...rning-wednesday

yes i saw that earlier today, it will be near perfect conditions here to watch finally!

with current winds downsloping want be as bad as usual i dont think..but im no expert. Whats your current temp??

i hope its not as bad as usual lol. its cold and windy - 33.7 outside.

radar looks ok at this point, but a lot will probably not make it to the ground here...but my fingers are crossed :snowman:

http://www.kold.com/...rning-wednesday

I will be testing my Son's new telescope :sun:

Gut-wrenching loss by Georgia today. Wow. 2 epic chokes these past couple of months by the Braves and the Dawgs.

Yea boy, that one got away from us. But it was a hell of a game, that's for sure! I cheered for the Dawgs today (my wife went to school there) but my team (Tenn Vols!) wasn't playing in a bowl game this year... so you have to cheer for all the SEC teams!

latest RUC composite reflectivity shows a lot of folks in ne ga seeing snow later, basically midnight on

thats not too bad looking - at this point i would just like to see some nice snow flakes lol. the winds are howling and looks like its about 1/2 county away (the moisture) but not quite making it here

so much crap flying through the air with the wind not sure i could tell if i have an actual flake or not!?

we moved this fall and in our new neighborhood not every house has a street light so im staring out the glass door at my back porch flood lights while oregon and wisconsin play a defensive struggle...haha

Archived