12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter Thread

Psalm 148:8

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was posted on reddit with the subject, "Life In The South". Pretty hilarious

Quite hilarious yes :lol: . That's exactly how it works down here. I have one that I'd like to share that I made last year (never posted it on the forum):

comicrn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Everyone's reaction to the model madness:

gunmonitorshutterstocka.jpg

Quite hilarious yes :lol: . That's exactly how it works down here. I have one that I'd like to share that I made last year (never posted it on the forum):

Everyone's reaction to the model madness:

Haha posted this last year as the Cheeznado meme and it still holds today...although it might also be the Mr. Bob meme...

Cheez_Special.jpg

Some of you may know part of my fence was taken out by a pine tree in the winds we experienced a couple nights ago. Well I fixed it! The work took about 1.5 hours and it was awesome working in the cold low 30's this afternoon. That beats the heck out of 95 with humidity!

yea go me! My fiance was thoroughly impressed, I needed a win because I ticked her off the other day lol :thumbsup:

Some of you may know part of my fence was taken out by a pine tree in the winds we experienced a couple nights ago. Well I fixed it! The work took about 1.5 hours and it was awesome working in the cold low 30's this afternoon. That beats the heck out of 95 with humidity!

yea go me! My fiance was thoroughly impressed, I needed a win because I ticked her off the other day lol :thumbsup:

Do work!

I've been watching a national radar loop for the past few hours, and the way eastern snow flurries have been diminishing, and Washington State precip has been clearing out, it looks like there could actually come a moment tonight when there isn't a single return showing up on radar anywhere in the country. Not sure I can stay up and watch for an eccentric event like that, but I don't think I've ever once seen it.

Anybody out watching the meteor shower? It's 17 degrees here at the moment and I'm outside watching it.. I'm frozen! But it's a cool thing to see :shiver:

Watched it for a while but only managed to see 2 in a time span of 50 minutes. The first one was really bright lasting a couple of seconds before disappearing then saw the second just before I went inside. I'd stay out there longer but it seems to be taking forever to wait for another one to show up. I'd imagine a few were happening behind me while looking out west though. Kind of wish I had a camera powerful enough to record the light seen with the meteors. It would have shown the first one very well.

A pic a friend in Colorado sent me. I thought it was cool she was able to get the individual snow flakes.

I managed to capture these pics a few years ago of a few flakes that stuck to my grill cover. I used just a plain ole point and shoot camera in "macro" mode.

post-347-0-56279200-1325765325.jpg

post-347-0-35974400-1325765374.jpg

Great pic sir!!

I managed to capture these pics a few years ago of a few flakes that stuck to my grill cover. I used just a plain ole point and shoot camera in "macro" mode.

In other news, I wish my child's stomach knew that his mommy and daddy needed more sleep last night. Three rounds of seeing last nights food = less then 2 hours of sleep for all :)

Joy of being a parent never ends....

Great pic sir!!

In other news, I wish my child's stomach knew that his mommy and daddy needed more sleep last night. Three rounds of seeing last nights food = less then 2 hours of sleep for all :)

I've been there, done that and know what you're going through. I hope he feels better soon.

Great pic sir!!

I know exactly what you mean. I went all through middle school, high school and college never throwing up. I got married and had two kids and now they bring every virus out there into the house. And low and behold they so graciously pass along the stomach bug to assist me in my prayers to the porcelin god.

Kids are "viral incubators". LOL. But I wouldn't trade them for anything.

post-347-0-68630600-1325768715.jpg

I really expected this Winter to be another blockbuster year for snow, especially since I am out of the country this year. However; from the outside looking in, I really do not see much chance for a change in the pattern in the near future. You do see the occasional model flips and get a few runs in a row that look promising, but in the end the result is always the same. I was just checking out the GFS snowfall maps on the last two runs and there is virtually no accumulating snow anywhere East of the Rockies through 384 hours. Now I know those maps are meaningless once you get beyond a couple of days, but I have never seen that in January since I have been watching the models. There is usually a fantasy storm for some part of the country within that time frame. I know that there have been signs of the pattern finally changing, but as we get closer to the expected change it either gets pushed back or disappears all together. The same comments are being said today that were being said in early, mid, and late December. This can be verified by going back and reading the previous pattern change thread which I just spent the last 30 minutes doing. The outcome never changes. All I see for the Southeast for the next several weeks are occasional shots of arctic air that will be transient because of the progressive pattern with the moisture managing to avoid the cold all together. I don't have my records in front of me, but I can only remember two Winter's in my lifetime that I measured less than 1" of snow in a season. I am 44 now. One was a trace back in the mid-90's, can't remember the year right off the top of my head, and the other was 2006-07 when I only measured 1/2". I hope this year is not as bad as those two, but right now the future is looking bleak in my opinion. I am rooting for you guys back home and look forward to following a decent threat on here in the coming weeks, but with each day that passes it is looking less and less likely. I know you can't cancel Winter on the 5th of January, and I have seen many Winter's where the second half far out performed the first, but sometimes you just get the feeling that things are not going to work out. I really hope I'm wrong.

Archived