Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Boxing Day Miracle 2011 - Models Hinting at potential

Logan11

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty good high for Friday and Saturday. While not modeled per se, would think there would be a little more widespread -SN than shown. Probably some sort of pseudo CF enhanced stuff too.. maybe even a little upslope for ORH hills...Berks etc. We'll have to see how it looks as we get closer.

yeah agree.

could kind of picture a situation like in the old days when they displayed clear air mode with the red/yellow/orange hues...if they flipped from precip mode to clear air we'd go from seeing very little on radar to one that's all lit up.

yeah agree.

could kind of picture a situation like in the old days when they displayed clear air mode with the red/yellow/orange hues...if they flipped from precip mode to clear air we'd go from seeing very little on radar to one that's all lit up.

HAHA exactly. Friday would be a clear air mode day...lol.

There is a threat to track....a legitimate one. We know the pattern blows but we're in a llittle window where winter is happening. The cold overperformed for the first time in months yesterday it seems.

most open bodies of water in and around Ayer up along Rt 2 were locked over by this morning. went from open large ponds/small lakes, to birds walking on ice in 12-18 hours. i was impressed by the speed.

Hopefully this works out as I've only have a mere 2.5" in the season thus far compared to a normal of about 17-19", so I'm doing horrible. We havent even had a LES outbreak yet, been very sporadic, not normal. Ski resorts are weeks behind as a result, like f**k this is a crap shot season thus far.

The 500mb maps suggest quite alot of vort energy West of Kentucky and a plume of mositure across the SE States. If those two can phase, even partially phase, a scenrio similar to the 0z GGEM is possible. Lets hope that weak PNA ridge can help out, to bring in some cold anomalies and allow a Weak trough to develop despite no blocking.

The ECMWF barley has anything.

Why would that horrible model make anybody have an opinion about anything?..

The DGEX is great. Letting the NAM run out to its weenie 84hr range and then letting the GFS have fun with it after that is pure genius imo. Hell, if it was up to me I'd throw some higher res MM5 on top of it after 180hr.

Got a url for the DGEX? for laughs :)The Friday event may be starting to trend more interesting for here.

I still find it unlikely that it will be making progress north, Rick. The high will keep it down south in CT. I think the CT folks will take the lighter qpf and snowier outcome than having us get the qpf.

The DGEX is great. Letting the NAM run out to its weenie 84hr range and then letting the GFS have fun with it after that is pure genius imo. Hell, if it was up to me I'd throw some higher res MM5 on top of it after 180hr.

I like the DGEX snow maps

They're lol-tastic

Ski areas should post the DGEX on their homepages under some hyper "Be a Meteorologist!" heading

Archived