Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Boxing Day Miracle 2011 - Models Hinting at potential

Logan11

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So maybe a rain to snow event for most of us? Still can bang out a few inches. Glad I don't live in the valley

Me too. Box's forecast looks ok here for the end of the week. Fairly high pops given it's a D4-6 forecast.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Christmas Day: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 29.

If I had to bet I'd say the Xmas storm is mainly rain for SNE. With no blocking and not a whole lot of cold wagons northwest.

I disagree a bit. There is a fairly robust polar high strengthening ...not weakening, while transiting N of the area. Typical corrective measure would apply in that scenario and those corrections don't point toward warmth.

Buuuut, then there is seasonal persistence to disappoint Kevin at least excuse imaginable so we'd be remis if discounting that physical parameter - hahaha

I disagree a bit. There is a fairly robust polar high strengthening ...not weakening, while transiting N of the area. Typical corrective measure would apply in that scenario and those corrections don't point toward warmth.

Buuuut, then there is seasonal persistence to disappoint Kevin at least excuse imaginable so we'd be remis if discounting that physical parameter - hahaha

Well that upstream high is really the only thing that makes this interesting. Unfortunately there's not much to get this thing in a favorable spot for us as the s/w rockets northeast.

Violently agree. That HP cannot slip off the coast and produce ESE flow or we're cooked.

An easterly flow off the warm Atlantic will just cook us. Not much wiggle room. We need a perfect track and this setup is just plain bad. Of course we could get lucky but it's definitely not that likely.

It's not that bad.

Not a single solitary snowflake here.

I would call that bad.....like I said maybe some snows for the berks and distant interior of mass up in northern orh county but the coastal plain is cooked.

Any marine taint at all and its over, temp has been rising here all afternoon and sits at the high at bdr of 48. Warmth is overperforming every single chance it gets. Should be a nice winter like xmas for the mountains, and sure things might change, but the Euro bias of holding energy back is worrisome, but we knew all along this part of ne would have a tough go as the pattern for the winter started to materialize. I hope things work out, and hope everyone gets snow but I just dont see it, at all.

Me too. Box's forecast looks ok here for the end of the week. Fairly high pops given it's a D4-6 forecast.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Christmas Day: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 29.

Yeah--mine brought a smile to my face. But, I'll smile a whole lot more if we can actually have it play out where we get anything meaningful.

Not a single solitary snowflake here.

I would call that bad.....like I said maybe some snows for the berks and distant interior of mass up in northern orh county but the coastal plain is cooked.

Any marine taint at all and its over, temp has been rising here all afternoon and sits at the high at bdr of 48. Warmth is overperforming every single chance it gets. Should be a nice winter like xmas for the mountains, and sure things might change, but the Euro bias of holding energy back is worrisome, but we knew all along this part of ne would have a tough go as the pattern for the winter started to materialize. I hope things work out, and hope everyone gets snow but I just dont see it, at all.

It's not as bad for places outside the Berks. It's not great along the south coast, but the GFS can be warm and probably is a little too warm, unless this goes north for some reason.

Archived