• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Boxing Day Miracle 2011 - Models Hinting at potential

Logan11

CMC gives a light snow event Friday...maybe an inch or 2 then as Kevin mentioned, OTS. I think the Friday system is our best chance.

I think we can feel pretty good about a general 1-3 or 4 inch event for Thursday nite/Friday. Should still have snow OTG on the 24th..so no matter what happens on the 25th..still a white holiday. Christmas or Hanukkah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my "Bird in Hand" approach. In this pattern with so many timing issues, go for the first chance and then worry about the next.

That said...I suspect I'm too far northwest for Friday and if that ever trends this far north it probably doesn't bode well for Sundays.

CMC gives a light snow event Friday...maybe an inch or 2 then as Kevin mentioned, OTS. I think the Friday system is our best chance.

How many times have we seen these "3 Short Waves Setup" over the past couple of years? What usually happens:

The first wave(12/23) always gets fizzled out, the second wave (12-24/25) is progged to become the most amplified about 6-7 days out, and then finally all energy shifts into the 3rd wave and we get a huge storm leaving the first wave fizzled out and the second wave like a minor appetizer to the 3rd storm.

I like the third wave potential (12-26/27) a lot more than the second wave. The cold air that is present for that one is just a lot more intriguing to me than the second wave.

That being said, without blocking I am more concerned about precip type with the 3rd storm rather than losing the storm OTS. Looking forward to tracking these over the next week.

56/46 partly cloudy and relaxing in SD!

How many times have we seen these "3 Short Waves Setup" over the past couple of years? What usually happens:

The first wave(12/23) always gets fizzled out, the second wave (12-24/25) is progged to become the most amplified about 6-7 days out, and then finally all energy shifts into the 3rd wave and we get a huge storm leaving the first wave fizzled out and the second wave like a minor appetizer to the 3rd storm.

I like the third wave potential (12-26/27) a lot more than the second wave. The cold air that is present for that one is just a lot more intriguing to me than the second wave.

That being said, without blocking I am more concerned about precip type with the 3rd storm rather than losing the storm OTS.

So much for no posting from Cali.

It's my "Bird in Hand" approach. In this pattern with so many timing issues, go for the first chance and then worry about the next.

That said...I suspect I'm too far northwest for Friday and if that ever trends this far north it probably doesn't bode well for Sundays.

The EURO is probably about to take my gun-in-hand approach.

In a world without blocking, you definitely want multiple medium sized s/w's rather than the one big enchilada, because it will cut more often than not.....

That being said, without blocking I am more concerned about precip type with the 3rd storm rather than losing the storm OTS. Looking forward to tracking these over the next week.

Archived