• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Boxing Day Miracle 2011 - Models Hinting at potential

Logan11

So far this appears to be one of those "close but no cigar" type of deals. As long as that energy is in the SW, it will be hard to get the NRN stream wave to really dig (destructive wave interference). It could happen if that SW energy can really stay far enough away to allow the NRN stream wave to dig faster and deeper. Of course, this will also depend on how much energy is associated with the NRN stream feature. GFS is much closer to making something happen than the Euro is right now.

Regardless, it bears watching for another 24 hours or so, especially for ENE as something could still happen. WNE is usually toast in these late blooming Miller B scenarios, unless we can get something to go ballistic south of LI, which seems rather unlikely at this point.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I actually think the 5H depiction on this 18Z run is much improved. It does phase in the southern energy now.

Also assuming the GFS tendency to blow up lows down near the GS and not where it should relative to the upper vort, I think this current 5H depiction would slam SNE pretty good...fast, but hard hitter.

So far this appears to be one of those "close but no cigar" type of deals. As long as that energy is in the SW, it will be hard to get the NRN stream wave to really dig (destructive wave interference). It could happen if that SW energy can really stay far enough away to allow the NRN stream wave to dig faster and deeper. Of course, this will also depend on how much energy is associated with the NRN stream feature. GFS is much closer to making something happen than the Euro is right now.

Regardless, it bears watching for another 24 hours or so, especially for ENE as something could still happen. WNE is usually toast in these late blooming Miller B scenarios, unless we can get something to go ballistic south of LI, which seems rather unlikely at this point.

Well I actually think the 5H depiction on this 18Z run is much improved. It does phase in the southern energy now.

Also assuming the GFS tendency to blow up lows down near the GS and not where it should relative to the upper vort, I think this current 5H depiction would slam SNE pretty good...fast, but hard hitter.

It's closer, but ideally we need to see the 5H low dig more and cutoff a bit sooner for much of SNE to get hit good. This solution could definitely mean something for SENE though. Still time for this to trend better.

Well if the seasonal trend holds this one should keep ticking closer with time (I will be out of town so I'd miss anything if it does hit so I'm trying not to be biased by imbyism).

It would be a sad twist of irony if this is the one storm that fails the last minute N trend and misses.

0zgfs a complete miss, and by a good margin

The difference between the 00z GFS and 18z GFS are laughable at H5... 00z all of a sudden develops the strongest S/W of the year over Arkansas an kicks the northern stream out.. that model is so bad

Archived