Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Boxing Day Miracle 2011 - Models Hinting at potential

Logan11

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not with the Euro ens SE and the op with that track. Better chance of it being a whiff than cutting west

Well don't forget that many times the ensembles are always east of the op runs because the op runs have the best resolution and therefore are usually more amped up. That's why we always say that having the ensembles west of the op run is a red flag. It just seems like a pattern that would allow for a congrats SYR, but a whiff isn't out of the question either.

I'm pretty confident we'll have snow otg by week's end.

Bet ftw?

Hey Pete....you said the darkest moment is nigh or something ing like that the sun came put and we have snow in the guidance, a cold shot that overperperformed....life is good for the next 10 days.

It's always darkest before the dawn. I had a premonition. We're good.

Interesting stuff, if I had to guess I would think pete to ski country get a few inches, anything sheared out misses east, anything slightly amped brings plenty of warmth with it up from the southeast. Line form nw ct, ne to hubb and north from there.

Who knows though.

That Euro run could not have gotten any better last night, I would keep hopes pretty low right now I think the only way to trend would be worse.

Nice to at least have some flakes in the air this week though!

yeah same here. as modeled on the euro obviously would be for me anyway for the most part, but if it's not whiffing, i'd wager its warm.

I know this isn't what people want to hear, but part of me wants it to be NBD..lol. I have to work, and the last thing i want to do, is to have my game face on Christmas Day.

I know this isn't what people want to hear, but part of me wants it to be NBD..lol. I have to work, and the last thing i want to do, is to have my game face on Christmas Day.

i hear ya. i want NBD because i don't want a windy 55F rainy xmas day which is what i'm afraid it would be for 90% of us. LOL.

keep it flat and out to sea.

LOL..we get a perfectly modelled winter storm threat 6 days and under and we have folks wishing it wouldn';t hppen or thinking it has a 90% chance of being rain. I mean come on.

I think you just mentioned the problem right there. Of course we all want something, but it is way too early to be excited.

I think you just mentioned the problem right there. Of course we all want something, but it is way too early to be excited.

Maybe too early to get excited...but we have been waiting for almost 2 months for a threat to track..and the minute we get one folks already calling for it to track over SYR with no ensemble support

Maybe too early to get excited...but we have been waiting for almost 2 months for a threat to track..and the minute we get one folks already calling for it to track over SYR with no ensemble support

C'mon...nobody said that...all we are saying is that the solution of something further west is there. I'm glad the ensembles are east for now.

LOL..we get a perfectly modelled winter storm threat 6 days and under and we have folks wishing it wouldn';t hppen or thinking it has a 90% chance of being rain. I mean come on.

It's actually sickening. Christmas snow is magic snow. Why wouldn't you want it. Things are changing.

Why would you need ens support in this pattern. There is no HLB whatsoever, so if this things amplifies at all there is absolutely nothing stopping it from tracking west. I think if you get bent out of shape about this stuff, not becoming emotionally invested in this would be a good thing, if you expect the worst in a horrific pattern then you can be rewarded with the suprise of a lifetime.

Why would you need ens support in this pattern. There is no HLB whatsoever, so if this things amplifies at all there is absolutely nothing stopping it from tracking west. I think if you get bent out of shape about this stuff, not becoming emotionally invested in this would be a good thing, if you expect the worst in a horrific pattern then you can be rewarded with the suprise of a lifetime.

Maybeyou don't see the HP in Eastern canada and the confluence to our north not allowing it to cut west? You do see that right?

Maybeyou don't see the HP in Eastern canada and the confluence to our north not allowing it to cut west? You do see that right?

No I dont, and I also do not understand why you take this stuff so personally. Its like if somebody talks about reality, and it does not involve the positive outcome then that person is a snow hater LOL. I am expecting the worst, thats what this pattern has delivered here for the last 4 months, if it somehow snows this week it will be gravy train USA. Too many good things happening now to get wrapped up in a wing and prayer prog only to see it fail.

Merry Christmas to you and the entire Wood family.

Archived