Newest Member
    Toothache
Sunday 12/12 Rainstorm OBS

CT Rain

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you on Eastern?, coastalriweather?,

I was on Eastern for a few years with the same name I have now. Though I read often and really enjoy following weather (and have for many years), I'm no expert...and don't post very much. I occasionally share some observations, but really enjoy learning from the discussions. Thanks to all who take the time to share their expertise...I'm sure there are many others like me who may not say much, but really enjoy following along.

I was on Eastern for a few years with the same name I have now. Though I read often and really enjoy following weather (and have for many years), I'm no expert...and don't post very much. I occasionally share some observations, but really enjoy learning from the discussions. Thanks to all who take the time to share their expertise...I'm sure there are many others like me who may not say much, but really enjoy following along.

Did you know coastalriweather from Westerly lives in Sherwood hills, gone missing since Eastern closed?

Steve to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON, MA HAS ISSUED A* FLOOD WARNING FOR THE PAWTUXET RIVER AT CRANSTON.* FROM EARLY THIS MORNING TO THIS AFTERNOON...OR UNTIL THE WARNING IS CANCELLED.* AT 12:45 AM MONDAY THE STAGE WAS 8.3 FEET.* FLOOD STAGE IS 9.0 FEET.* MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.* FORECAST...RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY EARLY THIS MORNING AND CONTINUE TO RISE TO NEAR 9.3 FEET BY THIS MORNING. THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE BY THIS MORNING.* IMPACT...AT 9.5 FEET...PARKING LOTS AND ROADS ARE FLOODED IN LOW LYING AREAS OF WARWICK AND CRANSTON NEAR THE PAWTUXET RIVER. IMPACTED ROADS INCLUDE RIVER STREET...PIONEER AVENUE...BELLOWS STREET AND VENTURI AVENUE IN WARWICK.

Rev Kev is late today ... must be difficult to do the morning run in complete darkness with limbs down and rushing rapids on the streets of the glacier.

Maybe he got lost in the mall yesterday (I think he posted he was shopping) and is wandering aimlessly through the food court trying to find an Auntie Anne's pretzel.

Rev Kev is late today ... must be difficult to do the morning run in complete darkness with limbs down and rushing rapids on the streets of the glacier.

Since I've started running..I run at 5:00 am now instead of logging on. Then shower...And I look at all model data before I log onto here so it's not tainted by weenies drowning in tubs, and looking at qpf maps and thinking they are what to base a forecast on..so now not on much before 6:00 unless it's a day I don't run

Since I've started running..I run at 5:00 am now instead of logging on. Then shower...And I look at all model data before I log onto here so it's not tainted by weenies drowning in tubs, and looking at qpf maps and thinking they are what to base a forecast on..so now not on much before 6:00 unless it's a day I don't run

:weenie:

Archived