amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Sunday 12/12 Rainstorm OBS

CT Rain

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frozen ground causing serious ponding/run-off. Scooby Doo I'd dare say you are rooting against me.

Actually I'm rooting for ya and your prediction of the "big winter upcoming". However the way things have been going and the likelihood of a mild January in the cards I'm becoming somewhat pessimistic.:(

Frozen ground causing serious ponding/run-off. Scooby Doo I'd dare say you are rooting against me.

Abosolutly. I was raising that concern earlier. My yard is a pond. I've taken a few pictures which I'll post if I can figure out how to load them (just bought it for my wife's birthday today),

Meanwhile, have now cleared an inch (1.04").

Is that a dry slot entering WNE?

Some pics from around noontime when the snow was really coming down...

The MRG out-the-windshield photo...

Up at the ski resort, there was around 3" of paste at 1,550ft:

And then around 1:30pm when it changed from heavy snow to snow/sleet mix, visibility came way up and you could get a nice view down the lower elevations of the mtn and towards town:

Now lets get this rain over with and go back to upslope flow.

Won't last long... radar is lit up southwest of here. Western CT is going to really cash in.

secondary starting to rev near Raleigh -Durham .......wanna see the precip juice up in W. VA. ...i wanna see someone get 8 inches when they were forecast for showers....someone somewhere has to bust to the snow side on this POS set up.

BOX all over it

12Z NAM SHOWING 90 KNOTS AT 850 MB OVER RHODE ISLAND TONIGHT AT

06Z WITH 925 MB WINDS OF 80 KNOTS. THIS IS STRONGER THAN PREVIOUS

RUNS. IF HALF OF THAT MIXES DOWN...WE SHOULD EASILY SEE GUSTS TO

45 TO 55 MPH IN THE WIND ADVISORY AREAS. THERE IS SOME CHANCE OF

REACHING HIGH WIND WARNING CRITERIA...THIS WILL BE WATCHED

CLOSELY.

What are totals like out west of the river? Can't be that much more than inch

Some places probably close to 1.5" near Waterbury... with nearly 2" west of HFD in the hills.

I'm actually not sure where the good banding sets up later. Hard to tell. Someone will get crushed. 18z NAM has like 6"+ for some areas after 18z

Some places probably close to 1.5" near Waterbury... with nearly 2" west of HFD in the hills.

I'm actually not sure where the good banding sets up later. Hard to tell. Someone will get crushed. 18z NAM has like 6"+ for some areas after 18z

Hopefully we don't get that much wtf?

What time do winds ramp up again? After 00z?

Archived