Newest Member
    amirah5
Sunday 12/12 Rainstorm OBS

CT Rain

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pats game will be fun to watch.

Today: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Temperature falling to around 24 by 5pm. Very windy, with a north northwest wind 25 to 30 mph increasing to between 35 and 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

It just started snowing here about 5 minutes ago. 25.7f.

Yeah, good burst of snow here over the past 30-45 minutes... nice dusting of a quarter inch or so. Flake size had been good sized dendrites (but maybe just aggregates from warming aloft) but not we seeing very small needle-like flakes.

32F -SN

Talk about WAA... it was 16F three hours ago at 6am, now 32F at 9am.

repent.....

scott what say you on any shot of accums mon pm - wed pm

Well I think Wed-Thurs offers the best chance, but with the ULL nearby, you could shsn on Tuesday as well. I was telling Kevin earlier, but ULL are tricky. The nature of them having a cold pool aloft causes the precip to be bursty and sometimes disorganized, so it probably won't be figured out until a day earlier and that my be pushing it. What we want is for the ULL to be south of our latitude. That will help bring in more moisture with cyclonic flow off the Atlantic, and perhaps an inv trough at the surface to focus qpf.

Today: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Temperature falling to around 24 by 5pm. Very windy, with a north northwest wind 25 to 30 mph increasing to between 35 and 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

The wx may be the deciding factor.

31.8 now. Icing almost done then I can settle in for hour after hour of cold rain. At least it will polish the pond ice.

Judging by the radar I doubt anyone in NNE holds on to snow or sleet for very long.

This really blows for Vt ski areas who were off to such a good start.

:axe::angry:

It won't be that bad. Not desireable but just a bump in the road. Cold temps and upslope will make it just a bad memory by Wednesday. Last Wednesday.

It won't be that bad. Not desireable but just a bump in the road. Cold temps and upslope will make it just a bad memory by Wednesday. Last Wednesday.

I am getting ready to watch the snow on the bushes/hedgerow melt later today, lol. We'll see how they look by tomorrow morning but I don't think it will be pretty.

The wx may be the deciding factor.

Viking's stadium roof collapsed from the weight of snow from this storm. 15" in Minneapolis according to the news report.

Ice is done here, after a brief glaze. Might have been more in the hollows but waiting for my 2-3 inches of rain.

I don't think I can stand another round of strong winds blowing the leaves out of the woods and back into the yard :yikes:

Well I think Wed-Thurs offers the best chance, but with the ULL nearby, you could shsn on Tuesday as well. I was telling Kevin earlier, but ULL are tricky. The nature of them having a cold pool aloft causes the precip to be bursty and sometimes disorganized, so it probably won't be figured out until a day earlier and that my be pushing it. What we want is for the ULL to be south of our latitude. That will help bring in more moisture with cyclonic flow off the Atlantic, and perhaps an inv trough at the surface to focus qpf.

so how is it looking as far as where the ull sets up ....to the NW of the ORH area.

nam tries to blast sne with snow tommorrow late evening thru nite

especially the 128/495 belt NE toward SNH.

Yeah I saw that. It still looks a little too mild perhaps in the lower levels for some, but maybe some sn further up near 495/snh area.

Edit: just speaking about the NAM and what it shows.

The stadium is oriented n-s and I believe the north end might be fairly open. Expect punts ranging from 10 yds to 85 yds.

NY Giants stuck in KC, The Vet collapses. Great day in the NFL

The roads in Hubbardston and Gardner were passable thanks to salt/sand. Sidewalk at my church was terribke. Very icy

34.2F. Slow but steady rise. Light to mod rain. Hopefully our final penance

wa wa down for the count? back for nite skiing tommorrow ?

I am getting ready to watch the snow on the bushes/hedgerow melt later today, lol. We'll see how they look by tomorrow morning but I don't think it will be pretty.

Hey Scott, It''ll suck for sure but the whoel event is shortlived and it's not like temps will be in the 50's for a few days. Upslope will switch back on and there are some chances on the maps so it could be worse. Ski season is here and I ski whether it's Powder or ice so either way I'll be on the boards. Hopefully things start to crank for us after this.

Archived