12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Sunday 12/12 Rainstorm OBS

CT Rain

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30.9F and still FZRA here, but probably go above freezing by 11 AM.... A pretty uninteresting event...

Blech. You can tell the plow guys here are bored. They just went don't the road with the plow down for a 1/2 " of snow/ice. Typically they wouldn't even get out of bed for that.

Quite a few hours put in using the chainsaw dealing with the collapsed willow branches after that.... I'll take a pass on that kinda thing now.... I only would have rooted for mostly ice if there was a good snow pack to protect, but whats left isn't worth worrying about.

Out in Cooperstown yesterday they still had a good 4-6 inches of cover so they must have had more (maybe 8"+ ?) from the initial LES there last week.

2 years ago man.

Just checked the station. Collection bucket is full of snow. Guess my readings may be a little corrupted.

In spite of current temp of 34.1, drive way is very icy. The idea of "flash freeze" was being liberally thrown around last night. I don't see that happening when it does cool. But--if there were to be one, there would be some 'lawn skating' here. Everything's staying at the surface. At least for now.

Hey Scott, It''ll suck for sure but the whoel event is shortlived and it's not like temps will be in the 50's for a few days. Upslope will switch back on and there are some chances on the maps so it could be worse. Ski season is here and I ski whether it's Powder or ice so either way I'll be on the boards. Hopefully things start to crank for us after this.

Yeah dude, me too. Just sitting here watching the snow accumulate outside the window, drinking coffee and having a late breakfast... after this its time to head up the road for a few hours of skiing once the tourists/weekend warriors have pulled the plug and started heading home, haha. The ski resort killed it this weekend... tons of business up there and in town which was great to see. Now from roughly noon on Sunday through Thursday its back to being a locals ski resort ;)

Snowing surprisingly well right now so I'm enjoying every flake knowing what'll happen later...

Awesome meso-scale processes at play right now up here... The western slope is not where you want to be right now... SE downsloping flow on the west side of the Greens right now. Raining on the VT side of the Champlain Valley and west slope of the Greens... but snowing on the NY side of the CPV due to upsloping on the eastern side of the Adirondacks.

Check out the gradient (web cams and obs show this to be true) between snow along the eastern side of the Green Mtn Spine, rain in the west slope/VT CPV, and then snow again on NY side of the lake and eastern 'Dacks.

Also, up in this area there's downsloping occurring off the Worcester Range in the Morrisville-Stowe Airport (KMVL). Southeast flow downsloping off the 3,000ft Worcesters causing a temp spike at MVL to 37-39F (yet still -SN?):

I'm currently 31F with steady 3/4-1sm light snow closer to Mansfield, while MVL on the other side of town is torching off the Worcesters. Awesome stuff.

Archived