Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sunday 12/12 Rainstorm OBS

CT Rain

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

43/43, -rn, about to see what if anything is left at 2k. Reduced to just piles of snow and the ice here at the house. Fortunately, "snow Likely" with a couple inches tonight, that'll take the sting out. Anxious to see what future model runs depict for the weekend. My AK friends arrive this weekend and they have always been snow luck charms so it won't surprise me if we get a snow bomb. Glad the upslope machine will switch on here in a few hours. There's nothing more depressing than X-mas decorations getting rained on. It's all water under the bridge now. Literally.

http://radar.weather...101111&loop=yes

Nice depiction of the upslope effect.

Cool stuff, Pete. It's underestimating a bit. I have had 2.72" and I'm sure others out here have had similar. It doesn't show any of the areas having 2.5", so it's off but still a neat depiction just the same.

I never saw that link before--thanks for pointing it out.

Cool stuff, Pete. It's underestimating a bit. I have had 2.72" and I'm sure others out here have had similar. It doesn't show any of the areas having 2.5", so it's off but still a neat depiction just the same.

I never saw that link before--thanks for pointing it out.

It clearly defines the spine of the Berks on the Western periphery of the area of heavy rain. You can see how just West of the crest they still benefit from some spillover. Fortunately, it works the same for the upslope on a Westerly wind component and we get spillover snow. Just another reason this is God's Country.lol

It clearly defines the spine of the Berks on the Western periphery of the area of heavy rain. You can see how just West of the crest they still benefit from some spillover. Fortunately, it works the same for the upslope on a Westerly wind component and we get spillover snow. Just another reason this is God's Country.lol

I agree on that. My comment was tied to the accuracy of the measurement--not the placement.

This is going to be one painfully slow drop in temperatures. Who here was talking about flash freezes the other day? lol

I agree on that. My comment was tied to the accuracy of the measurement--not the placement.

This is going to be one painfully slow drop in temperatures. Who here was talking about flash freezes the other day? lol

I wasn't disputing that. I have found that the storm total has under estimated a bit in the past. Still, I think it's a fairly accurate depiction of the event.

41F with -RN.

4-5" of waterlogged snow on the ground (there's like 2" of water in it)...can see water in your footprints when you walk through the stuff. This is going to freeze into a 4" glacier later today and hopefully this current snow will be the last to melt out sometime in April.

BTV calling for 3-6" later today and tonight to whiten things back up.

Archived