Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sunday 12/12 Rainstorm OBS

CT Rain

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To give you a sense of how slowly the cold air is moving, you might find this interesting.

The initial cold push came through here at 9:30a.m. (currentlyl sitting at 37.7/36 from a pre-drop temp of 44.6). I just got back up from Northampton. I wasn't paying attention to the truck thermometer until I hit the Shelburne line (about 4 miles from my house). It read 42* there. Looking at the mesomap, all I can say is wow--that's a slow progression.

MAZ002-132115-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

1103 AM EST MON DEC 13 2010

.THIS AFTERNOON...CLOUDY. SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS EARLY...THEN

SCATTERED RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.

TEMPERATURE FALLING INTO THE MID 30S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO

10 MPH...BECOMING WEST 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

50 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN

INCH. MUCH COOLER WITH LOWS AROUND 17. WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.

CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT.

Well, a bit of a bust to have that come out at 11:00a.m. since westernmost zones were already in the 30's. Looks like any snow will be lackluster. Alas.

37.5/35

if you look at sat/radar right now you'd think parts of NE are in for some surprise snow later

Radar and snow beginning to blossom up here... fresh white on everything and snowing at a good clip down here at 800ft.

GFS and Canadian have been hinting at even parts of MA north of the Pike getting in on .1"+ QPF later tonight... I bet a lot of areas see a general 1-3" snowfall tonight, especially the higher terrain, with localized 6" amounts in the upslope favored terrain of the Berks/Greens.

I know its the RUC, but the 18z brings accumulating snows to parts of CT and western MA tonight: That area of snow out in the BGM region and western NY seems to migrate east this evening and then starts turning NNE through CT and western MA.

Well, it ain't much. But if you need to beg for flakes, not much is sometimes the best one can do.

35.7/33

new radar returns in the long range loop S of SNE (at the latitutue of central jersey) show more of a bending back NNW then earlier returns

watching the SPC meso map like a hawk.......we need lower dews to bleed east faster.

looks like downstream precip area would penetrate at least as far as ORH then monads then Northern greens . obviously N. greens look like they would capitalize the most. Very potent trough could be some upside suprises. ELevated ORH County i.e Dave / wa wa....really need those lower dewpoints to bleed in from the east faster.

I hope someone gets a nice suprise tonite. i am actually excited to watch this play out.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?product=N0Z&rid=BOX&loop=yes

new radar returns in the long range loop S of SNE (at the latitutue of central jersey) show more of a bending back NNW then earlier returns

watching the SPC meso map like a hawk.......we need lower dews to bleed east faster.

looks like downstream precip area would penetrate at least as far as ORH then monads then Northern greens . obviously N. greens look like they would capitalize the most. Very potent trough could be some upside suprises. ELevated ORH County i.e Dave / wa wa....really need those lower dewpoints to bleed in from the east faster.

I hope someone gets a nice suprise tonite. i am actually excited to watch this play out.

http://radar.weather...id=BOX&loop=yes

I'd say suprise is the right word (I hate being such a downer lately!). 34.5/31 attm.

I know its the RUC, but the 18z brings accumulating snows to parts of CT and western MA tonight: That area of snow out in the BGM region and western NY seems to migrate east this evening and then starts turning NNE through CT and western MA.

ruc_p01_012s.gif

ruc_p01_013s.gif

ruc_p01_014s.gif

Yeah should see precip blossom later tonight..won't be shocked at all for some spots to pick up 1-2 inches

Yeah should see precip blossom later tonight..won't be shocked at all for some spots to pick up 1-2 inches

I definitely think most of you have at least a shot of measurable snowfall... and like I said, 1-3" wouldn't surprise me in some spots. That thermal gradient is huge and its slowly working its way east... it won't take much to get precipitation to blossom.

According to BOX, the only place that may take place is in western Franklin county.

MAZ002-140930-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

SHELBURNE

347 PM EST MON DEC 13 2010

.TONIGHT...NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS...MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. TOTAL

SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH. MUCH COOLER WITH LOWS AROUND

17. WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT.

I'd be a lot more confident if there was a mention of ANY accumulation in ANY additional zones. But, there's not.

33.5/30

According to BOX, the only place that may take place is in western Franklin county.

MAZ002-140930-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

SHELBURNE

I'd be a lot more confident if there was a mention of ANY accumulation in ANY additional zones. But, there's not.

33.5/30

I thought BOX usually ignores God's Country?

MAZ002-140930-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

SHELBURNE

33.5/30

well considering royalston, ma (orh county) is 38/34 with some 30 dbz echoes nearby there could be a suprise tonite....rev kev is gonna take the bus North for a little appetizer tour around midnite so weenies can see the event unfold.

OVC, very windy and 20F here now. 0.25" coating with that earlier snow shower activity.

well considering royalston, ma (orh county) is 38/34 with some 30 dbz echoes nearby there could be a suprise tonite....rev kev is gonna take the bus North for a little appetizer tour around midnite so weenies can see the event unfold.

Archived