• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sunday 12/12 Rainstorm OBS

CT Rain

Hit some of those cute organic stores down by your place instead of the fast food joints and you'll be ok I do believe.

I don't touch fast food. I actually eat pretty well, but when you come back from the gym...you tend to want to eat the world. Now that I've gone back to the gym, I dropped a few pounds, but it's tough to ignore the hunger that your body throws at you. You can eat pasta and all that good stuff, but moderation is the key. Those atkins diet people are full of sh*t. Carbs aren't bad...it's the amount that is.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we had our- i guess it's now a tradition-annual christmas party last night...my sister sent me a text when she got back to plymouth after the party, probably around 11pm...said her pool ladder had been blown off the pool deck and onto the pool cover...they had some pretty gusty winds...

and i was doing a little reading before bed, listening to the rain pour down...i really thought we were under attack...it was raining so hard, it sounded like the roof would cave in...

Nothing like getting the large Dunkin' Donuts coffee with two jelly donuts. I can't go on a trip without that stop. Unless of course I'm heading west. No Dunkin' Donuts between Greenfield and North Adams. I think that's the longest stretch in the Commonwealth without one. lol

Temp making threats to take a drop. Just a small step down from 44.6 from 44.3, but looking at how sharp the gradient is, I expect the drop will be sudden in the next few minutes.

we had our- i guess it's now a tradition-annual christmas party last night...my sister sent me a text when she got back to plymouth after the party, probably around 11pm...said her pool ladder had been blown off the pool deck and onto the pool cover...they had some pretty gusty winds...

and i was doing a little reading before bed, listening to the rain pour down...i really thought we were under attack...it was raining so hard, it sounded like the roof would cave in...

That only happens to inflatable dome stadiums in the northern plains...

We had some house shaking gusts last night around 8:45 or so... really though trees/branches would be down, but very little was seen this morning.

Still in the mid-40s at home... the 30's are out in the western part of the state as per mesomap.

Nothing like getting the large Dunkin' Donuts coffee with two jelly donuts. I can't go on a trip without that stop. Unless of course I'm heading west. No Dunkin' Donuts between Greenfield and North Adams. I think that's the longest stretch in the Commonwealth without one. lol

Temp making threats to take a drop. Just a small step down from 44.6 from 44.3, but looking at how sharp the gradient is, I expect the drop will be sudden in the next few minutes.

The Rev says "NO!"

I thnk the Rev would spontaneously combust if he saw what I eat daily. Drives my wife crazy.

I'm surprised he didn't go ape-sh it when he saw posts/pics of your leaves/lawn

He needs coping mechanisms

Anyway, I wish this stuff would move outa here a bit faster so we can return to a dull, snowless winter (wait, it's still fall!)

I'm surprised he didn't go ape-sh it when he saw posts/pics of your leaves/lawn

He needs coping mechanisms

Anyway, I wish this stuff would move outa here a bit faster so we can return to a dull, snowless winter (wait, it's still fall!)

Lol. Down to 39.8/38. Looking upstream, appears that the temp will continue down another 2-4*. At least with being under 40* my glances to see if there are any flakes mixing in aren't completely unreasonable.

Lol. Down to 39.8/38. Looking upstream, appears that the temp will continue down another 2-4*. At least with being under 40* my glances to see if there are any flakes mixing in aren't completely unreasonable.

might be unreasonable at the moment but i'd be a bit surprised if you didn't see some later today and tonight.

nice.

you could do well today given you are already over to snow.

Yeah up here at the mountain should be alright... it is still raining at 800ft in the village though to be fair. However, we did recieve a report of snow at 800ft in Williston, VT on the otherside of the Spine, but that makes as the cold air would be deeper on the west side. This is one of those solutions where it may take a while for the snow level to drop below 1,000-1,300ft on this side of the mountain as I notice in these events that the low level cold definitely gets held up by the mountain. The Champlain Valley side does much better in a flast-freeze situation as the air pours in un-obstructed from the flats of southern Quebec.

Archived