12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much u got ? Dry air eat it all up here, echos over head for two hours and not a flake reaching the ground. :angry:

Heavy dusting. Snowed here for probably 2 straight hours now. Couple decent burst, nothing heavy and still going(lightly). Problem is all that water from melted flakes is freezing up solid now and every flake that falls is sticking. The roads are very wet and should begin to freeze easily once we get below 29-28 over the next hour. The wind and low DP's will have to evaporate the moisture on the road or we'll have black ice everywhere in the morning,of course assuming the moisture stops soon. Be interesting to see how it turns out tomorrow.

Heavy dusting. Snowed here for probably 2 straight hours now. Couple decent burst, nothing heavy and still going(lightly). Problem is all that water from melted flakes is freezing up solid now and every flake that falls is sticking. The roads are very wet and should begin to freeze easily once we get below 29-28 over the next hour. The wind and low DP's will have to evaporate the moisture on the road or we'll have black ice everywhere in the morning,of course assuming the moisture stops soon. Be interesting to see how it turns out tomorrow.

So close yet so far away! :ee:

Latest report as of 9:45pm. Looks like I have reached the 4" mark and am going over it now. Bands continue to blow up to the NW and West of here. They predicted 2-3 then 1-2 and we have a solid 4" and locally higher amounts West. Current Temperature is 18F with blowing snow.

Eyewall dont we have any posters in Chatham County? They had the heaviest returns I've seen all night in central NC for over an hour. Just curious. Tell the truth Im suprised I even saw a flake, let alone getting dusted as heavy as I have.

I haven't seen any chatham. Snow Girl is in Lee.

Hey Yall Im right here in Lee about 15 min from Chatham and it is snowing pretty hard at the moment. The porch is getting covered. Yippie!! It is very pretty!!!! I saw a few Flurries around 8:00 tonight but you had to squint to see them and now it is like the the flood gates opened( well Snow gates lol) with the wind.. :What a very nice surprise for me as I havent followed the weather much this weekend. :snowman: :snowman:

Snow Girl :snowman:

When OHX put out the winter weather advisory it was because they did not think the Warnings would be needed. Once you go over the criteria of a winter weather advisory is it not normal for the local office to upgrade to Winter Storm Warnings? Or does it have to be more widespread and not take in account localized events.

Hey Yall Im right here in Lee about 15 min from Chatham and it is snowing pretty hard at the moment. The porch is getting covered. Yippie!! It is very pretty!!!! I saw a few Flurries around 8:00 tonight but you had to squint to see them and now it is like the the flood gates opened( well Snow gates lol) with the wind.. :What a very nice surprise for me as I havent followed the weather much this weekend. :snowman: :snowman:

Snow Girl :snowman:

Nice! Looks like we will be shafted here :(.

Had a bout of flurries earlier tonight about 2 hours ago

and about 30 minutes ago ... KCHS again with some flurries

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHARLESTON SC

1027 PM EST SUN DEC 12 2010

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

1024 PM SNOW CHARLESTON AIRPORT 32.90N 80.04W

12/12/2010 U0.0 INCH CHARLESTON SC NWS EMPLOYEE

A FEW SMALL FLURRIES REPORTED OUTSIDE THE NATIONAL

WEATHER SERVICE BUILDING AT THE CHARLESTON AIRFORCE BASE.

Latest report as of 9:45pm. Looks like I have reached the 4" mark and am going over it now. Bands continue to blow up to the NW and West of here. They predicted 2-3 then 1-2 and we have a solid 4" and locally higher amounts West. Current Temperature is 18F with blowing snow.

Congrats. Very nice event for you! And it will end up being a nice event for probably everyone east of you too.

Congrats. Very nice event for you! And it will end up being a nice event for probably everyone east of you too.

Thanks, its quite a treat to see here and quite a storm to learn from and base for winter storms in the area. Seems all good storms we have had in the last 10 years have all been from ULL's.

Archived