• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

Got around a half inch or so on the ground in Knoxville with steady light snow. Roads are covered and the radar is filling in nicely. The bulk of the precip is still west of us and I don't expect it to really nail us until after midnight through about 7am tomorrow. None of the models seemed to have handle the movement of this ULL very well. It has been near stationary in middle TN all day.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You ought to be sitting nice here in about two hours - or less. Lee, it looks like the NWS amount for your area may hold up. What do you think?

Hopefully,lol. We had a heavy snshower go across a little over an hour ago that deposited about a half inch in about 7 to 8 mins. Since then just occasional light snow. Kinda odd for now, as the radar has lit up with mod/heavy snow over us but yet snow is still falling lightly?? The heavy shower showed up nicely as it was moving over earlier so, rather puzzled over this. Don't think they changed the mode.?

Anyway, have about an inch so far total.

Sustained winds here at 20 with gusts to 50. I think that some of that snow east of me actually tried to fall here, but never had a chance. It's 26 now, and the wind chill is.... LOW! The roads must be just treacherous with the re-freezing from the melting snow. My cars are still covered, as is the deck. The wind can't begin to budge it... Solid ice! Now I'm concerned about the power with these winds.

Just west of Nashville are reports of 4 to 5 inches on the ground with it still coming down. That entire area is a mess right now with numerous traffic accidents.

Traffic cam in Nashville:

cam61_16.jpg

I suspected something to that effect. Wow, models really underdone qpf there! Looks like that area may stay to our south unless it congeals with the large are dropping down in Kentucky. IF that happens we will do very good as well.

Archived