e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say I'm at about a half an inch so far today. The ground is pretty well covered. All from flurries and light snow showers! No real snow on the radar over me at any point....though some blue is finally moving in now. And the wind is making for quite a show!

Question for the mets here...does evaporative cooling still happen once youre well below freezing? I know sublimation can happen, but does it have the same cooling effect as when liquid water evaporates? Just wondering why I've been at a temperature well above my dewpoint all day with constant snow flurries.

I'd say I'm at about a half an inch so far today. The ground is pretty well covered. All from flurries and light snow showers! No real snow on the radar over me at any point....though some blue is finally moving in now. And the wind is making for quite a show!

Question for the mets here...does evaporative cooling still happen once youre well below freezing? I know sublimation can happen, but does it have the same cooling effect as when liquid water evaporates? Just wondering why I've been at a temperature well above my dewpoint all day with constant snow flurries.

DaculaWeather and I have both observed this effect I think. Earlier today I would drop up to a degree or so during the heavier snow with dewpoints rising correspondingly.

http://radar.weather...id=FFC&loop=yes

bands forming to the northwest

What's your location?

DaculaWeather and I have both observed this effect I think. Earlier today I would drop up to a degree or so during the heavier snow with dewpoints rising correspondingly.

What's your location?

cumming,ga just north of you. The wind is blowing the snow so the coating i had is just blowing around now hoping my school closes tomorrow,

I thought I'd sneak this Miami Forecast in.

METRO MIAMI DADE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MIAMI...MIAMI GARDENS...MIAMI LAKES...

HIALEAH...DORAL...SOUTH MIAMI...KENDALL...CUTLER RIDGE

857 PM EST SUN DEC 12 2010

...WIND CHILL WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY

MORNING...

...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY

MORNING...

REST OF TONIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING PARTLY

CLOUDY. BREEZY...COOLER. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. WEST WINDS 15 TO

20 MPH.

MONDAY

PARTLY SUNNY. WINDY. MUCH COOLER. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.

NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH BECOMING 20 TO 25 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

MONDAY NIGHT...CLEAR

BREEZY. MUCH COLDER. LOWS 32 TO 37.

NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH DECREASING TO 10 TO 15 MPH AFTER

MIDNIGHT. LOWEST WIND CHILL READINGS 23 TO 28 AFTER MIDNIGHT.

I thought I'd sneak this Miami Forecast in.

METRO MIAMI DADE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MIAMI...MIAMI GARDENS...MIAMI LAKES...

HIALEAH...DORAL...SOUTH MIAMI...KENDALL...CUTLER RIDGE

857 PM EST SUN DEC 12 2010

...WIND CHILL WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY

MORNING...

...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY

MORNING...

REST OF TONIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING PARTLY

CLOUDY. BREEZY...COOLER. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. WEST WINDS 15 TO

20 MPH.

MONDAY

PARTLY SUNNY. WINDY. MUCH COOLER. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.

NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH BECOMING 20 TO 25 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

MONDAY NIGHT...CLEAR

BREEZY. MUCH COLDER. LOWS 32 TO 37.

NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH DECREASING TO 10 TO 15 MPH AFTER

MIDNIGHT. LOWEST WIND CHILL READINGS 23 TO 28 AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Yes... we're in a bit of panic mode down here in Tampa, FL with this arctic push. Outlying areas of the Tampa metro will likely drop to 19 - 24 Monday Night and cripple strawberry crop, tropical fish farms we have let alone much of our less than hardy vegetation to subfreezing weather... many varieties of palms.

Enjoy the dusting to inch of snow locally this evening into early tonight.

Jetstreak

:thumbsup:

congrats. pics/ you near Asheboro?

12 miles or so west. Still snowingsteady &/wind wept. Sorry camera in closet and wife already out 4 the night. This band has been siiting from my area over toward Jordan Lake for a while. In fact heavier echoes have been present toward Chatham County. Somone should have been getting some pretty good moderate snow rates between Ramseur-Siler City-Bonlee, I would think. Now all I need is this to continue to overperform all night and the 0z models to get lined up right for Wed p.m./Thurs and the Euro Big daddy for Sat.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC937 PM EST SUN DEC 12 2010NCZ021>023-038-039-130845-FORSYTH-GUILFORD-ALAMANCE-DAVIDSON-RANDOLPH-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WINSTON-SALEM...GREENSBORO...HIGH POINT...BURLINGTON...LEXINGTON...ASHEBORO937 PM EST SUN DEC 12 2010...SCATTERED SLICK SPOTS MAY BE DEVELOPING ON ROADWAYS ACROSS THENORTHWEST PIEDMONT...TEMPERATURES HAVE FALLEN INTO THE LOWER 30S ACROSS THE NORTHWESTPIEDMONT AND WILL DROP BELOW FREEZING BEFORE MIDNIGHT. MOISTURELEFTOVER FROM RAINFALL LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND SUNDAY EVENINGMAY FREEZE...CREATING SLICK SPOTS. THESE SLICK SPOTS WILL OCCURFIRST ON ELEVATED SURFACES SUCH AS BRIDGES...OVERPASSES AND LESSTRAVELED SECONDARY ROADS. IN ADDITION...SCATTERED PATCHES OF LIGHTSNOW MAY COAT AREA ROADS CREATING ADDITIONAL SLICK SPOTS.MOTORISTS LATE TONIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING WILL NEED TO BE ALERTFOR SCATTERED SLICK SPOTS. THOUGH THE ROAD MAY APPEAR TO BE JUSTWET IT MAY ACTUALLY BE BLACK ICE. MOTORISTS SHOULD ALLOW EXTRATRAVEL TIME TO REACH THEIR DESTINATIONS. SINCE TEMPERATURESWILL REMAIN BELOW FREEZING THROUGH THE MORNING HOURS...ROADCONDITIONS WILL BE SLOW TO IMPROVE.$$

Post often man!!

Enjoy your Fox 730 weather reports here in the QC!!!!

Hope all is well.

Yes... we're in a bit of panic mode down here in Tampa, FL with this arctic push. Outlying areas of the Tampa metro will likely drop to 19 - 24 Monday Night and cripple strawberry crop, tropical fish farms we have let alone much of our less than hardy vegetation to subfreezing weather... many varieties of palms.

Enjoy the dusting to inch of snow locally this evening into early tonight.

Jetstreak

:thumbsup:

Post often man!!

Enjoy your Fox 730 weather reports here in the QC!!!!

Hope all is well.

You better believe it !! You can take a man out of the Carolinas, but you can't take the Carolinas out of the man... missing the old winter forecasts but enjoy these forums to verify what I'm seeing or calling for.

Great to hear you've caught my weather on FOX Sports 730am :bike:

Archived