amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like a nice little band, intensifying, about to work through the Durham area and points to the nw... Still keeping my eye on the stuff around eyewall, but not optimistic we will see anything out of this, just too far east and not cold enough.

You may luck out. It looks like it is about to wrap up for me though.

Nice little snow shower right now. Dusting on the deck so far. It's nice to see some flakes in the air.

Ahh glad to see you post. I just sent you a PM asking for your ob. Thanks! It really stinks that most obs are not coming in right now due to the rogue satellite interference so its good to see what your getting

Ahh glad to see you post. I just sent you a PM asking for your ob. Thanks! It really stinks that most obs are not coming in right now due to the rogue satellite interference so its good to see what your getting

Yea, I'm actually surprised. We have a nice little band over us now.

light snow in Greenville! 2nd time seeing flakes before mid December... pretty impressive

Returns look to be rapidly fading to our west, but given we do not have any echos over us currently and are seeing some dendrites, this should pick up over the next 30 minutes or so. Not much, no accum, but given radar presentation, we should not be seeing anything right now. Weak echos still holding together as they are crossing 95, heading into the coastal plain. This was a token win for sure, as I did not expect anything from this given the drying above!

Congrats to the token flakes outside the mountains of NC. Glad yall could at least see something. Looks like a nice dusting to 1" across north GA.

My 1/2" of snow has been blown all over the place and the dry air has done a number on what's left. Bone chilling cold outside at 16.7. Check out my wind graph in my signature. Had a 40 mph gust and my current 10 minute average wind speed is 20mph. And my wind gauge is only 7 feet off the ground.

Still getting a few flurries.

Props to TN. Seems like they got ripped off a lot the last several years.

Looks like pretty much all of the far northern counties in Georgia school systems are closed.

Dalton Public Schools , Today: CLOSED. Dawson County , Today: CLOSED. Fannin County , GA Today: CLOSED. Gilmer County , Today: CLOSED. Habersham County , Today: CLOSED. Lumpkin County Dahlonega, GA Today: CLOSED. Pickens County , Today: CLOSED. Rabun County , Today: CLOSED. Union County , Today: CLOSED. White County , Today: CLOSED. Whitfield County , Today: CLOSED.

The usual school systems. I work for Gwinnett Schools and you can can bet they're gonna make us go! Of course, other than being really cold there's nothing here to keep us from going either!!!

I went from 23.6 at midnight to 18.1 right now... and it's still falling. We'll see how low she goes. DP is 10.6. I had a wind chill reading of 2.7 at 6:39 am and a gust to 26 at 5:11.

Archived