• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

Felt like we needed to start this today, some warm temps on the front side, the very un-characteristic snow on the front side of the front up around Asheville or the West side of the N.C. Mountains and our friends up in the Tennessee mountains. Wrap around for the N. GA mountains? Even Atlanta? Charlotte? Greenville, S.C.? What about the extreme cold?

I want to capture the before obs, during and after obs.

With so much looked at with simulated radar, current radar, I would like to look back next week and see what models handled this event the best.

Let's go boys!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37.4 here this morning...I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's crash in temps, I still don't think that aspect is getting enough attention. All the numerical guidance shows Monday's high around 20 degrees yet all I see is upper 20's on the NWS site and mid 20's on some of our local media outlets.

37.4 here this morning...I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's crash in temps, I still don't think that aspect is getting enough attention. All the numerical guidance shows Monday's high around 20 degrees yet all I see is upper 20's on the NWS site and mid 20's on some of our local media outlets.

I've beat that drum a while back. Theres an fx map with my call for highs Monday as well in another thread. Sitting at 35 /28 here with damming going on. The models hinted at this current damming but its much stronger than progged I think., just looking at the obs chart and wind streamlines/tds/temps. I'm a little surprised wetbulbs are this low in the damming areas (not to get hopes up on anything outside the mtns.)

post-38-0-21553800-1292079459.gif

I've beat that drum a while back. Theres an fx map with my call for highs Monday as well in another thread. Sitting at 35 /28 here with damming going on. The models hinted at this current damming but its much stronger than progged I think., just looking at the obs chart and wind streamlines/tds/temps. I'm a little surprised wetbulbs are this low in the damming areas (not to get hopes up on anything outside the mtns.)

Foothills, I sure am warming up quick to have cloud cover ? up to 35 already was 32 just a little while ago. Why am I warming so fast ?

I think you are right considering we are sitting at 36/37 even here in Southern Pines with Rain and Sleet (Ice Pellets)

We have Rain/Sleet here. Some IP definitely falling! Didn't expect that.

I figured there may be some with that. We never really spoke much of the weak wave currently going by, but congratulations on your 2nd winter event.

Foothills, I sure am warming up quick to have cloud cover ? up to 35 already was 32 just a little while ago. Why am I warming so fast ?

You should hit the 40's today, that was forecast for you wasn't it?

I figured there may be some with that. We never really spoke much of the weak wave currently going by, but congratulations on your 2nd winter event.

Yea, But I thought cloud cover would hold it down, I guess not ?

Edit : I know the problem, The sun is coming out. lol

well my hopes didnt get up since the temp near me is the warmest on the map :lol: this is pathetic....i know the set up for downsloping, i know the temps, etc. and its going to be a cold rain in the mid 30s and yet here i am, on a saturday morning, hoping for the best and still paying attention :yikes:

temp: 36

dewpoint: 25

sigh.

Currently NWS has lowered our forecast high to 39. As for the second winter event I'll take it considering I have no expectations this year LOL.

Yea, But I thought cloud cover would hold it down, I guess not ?

Edit : I know the problem, The sun is coming out. lol

sunny here now, the temp shot to 41 just now. The wave going by is being followed by some clearing, so this could turn out to be a 50 degree day here if the sun holds a while. Lets see what conditions are tonight after dark with temps/td's.

well my hopes didnt get up since the temp near me is the warmest on the map :lol: this is pathetic....i know the set up for downsloping, i know the temps, etc. and its going to be a cold rain in the mid 30s and yet here i am, on a saturday morning, hoping for the best and still paying attention :yikes:

temp: 36

dewpoint: 25

sigh.

Most likely that is what you'll get with this , mid 30s and rain once you wetbulb down during the middle of precip. The nam is slower with its arrival after midnight now. But I also think you have a good chance at flurries sometime Sunday or Monday.

Sunny and a milder 40 degrees here on Long Island. Past few days havent gotten above freezing so its a nice change. We may get some serious warm air before the front passes tomorrow with temperatures in the 50s. ... Oh wait wrong thread sorry guys :banned:

:lmao:

sunny here now, the temp shot to 41 just now. The wave going by is being followed by some clearing, so this could turn out to be a 50 degree day here if the sun holds a while. Lets see what conditions are tonight after dark with temps/td's.

Most likely that is what you'll get with this , mid 30s and rain once you wetbulb down during the middle of precip. The nam is slower with its arrival after midnight now. But I also think you have a good chance at flurries sometime Sunday or Monday.

well if its going to flurry i hope its sunday (and if snow is close enough i will just drive to see some). monday i have to work so i am sure thats when (and if) it will happen imby :snowman:

Flizzard watch is now in effect for North Georgia Sunday afternoon and Sunday night. Weenieism will be IS ALREADY at a max.:snowman:

fixed it for ya! there seem to be more of us posting and following this that arent in line for anything other than a cold rain to chasing the moisture to a few flurries than those that are actually going to see some snow :snowman: temp just shot up here to 42 :( so much for the cloud cover

Archived