• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

ok sure. Im sorry about that but im brand new here. I didnt know any better because im brand spanking new you know.

No worries on our part. There are just so many people that will show up and want to konw how much in my back yard???

I will save Lookout the trouble and tell you now... best if you go back and read, read and read some more from previous postings and you can tell where the chances lie in relation to your local.

We are always happy to have another GA observer on board. :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain mixed w/ sleet...Yes, I went out and confirmed that. Plus, you can hear it hit the leaves. Temp is 45 F - still can't believe it. Probably will head to all rain a few minutes though.

Just clouds here so far. Temperature sitting at 47 F. Looking forward to what the next couple of days hold with the system and upslope.

FXUS62 KFFC 120247

AFDFFC

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

947 PM EST SAT DEC 11 2010

.UPDATE...

WILL UPDATE FORECAST TO INCREASE WINDS OVERNIGHT...ALREADY GETTING A

LITTLE GUSTY AT TIMES ACROSS THE NORTHWEST HALF OF THE FORECAST AREA.

ADJUSTED TEMPERATURES A LITTLE FOR THE OVERNIGHT PERIOD...BUT NO

MAJOR PHILOSOPHICAL SHIFTS. DRY POCKET OF AIR ACROSS NORTH GEORGIA

SLOWLY MODIFYING...AND THIS TREND SHOULD CONTINUE WITH DEW POINTS

CONTINUING TO RISE. THE REST OF THE FORECAST LOOKS OK RIGHT NOW...I

AM STILL RELUCTANT TO ADD THUNDER TO THE FORECAST RIGHT NOW AS

INSTABILITY CONTINUES TO WANE ALONG AND AHEAD OF THE CURRENT LINE OF

PRECIPITATION MOVING ACROSS ALABAMA TOWARD THE FORECAST AREA. ALSO...

COLD AIR IS LAGGING WELL BACK BEHIND THIS LINE OF PRECIPITATION...

AND IT STILL APPEARS THAT ANY WINTRY PRECIPITATION WILL HAVE TO WAIT

UNTIL THE STRONG COLD ADVECTION SETS UP OVER THE STATE DURING THE DAY

SUNDAY INTO SUNDAY NIGHT.

121110.jpg

down to 34 now fingers crossed for all snow tonite

given your location and elevation, I think you have a better shot than anybody weight_lift.gif

Well, down to 33/24 here southwest of Asheville. Liking the look of the 00Z NAM. Let it snow! Snowman.gif

Wow that cold already... we are only at 38.9 degrees on the northwest side of town. My dewpoint is lower though at 17 degrees.

The new special Weather Statement issued at 10:01 has FFC changing the working a little

FINALLY...SNOW SHOWERS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON

ACROSS NORTH GEORGIA AND CONTINUE SUNDAY NIGHT...ESPECIALLY IN THE

MOUNTAINS OF NORTHEAST GEORGIA. LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...UP TO 1

INCH IN SOME SPOTS...WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE MOUNTAINS. FURTHER SOUTH

AND WEST TOWARD ATLANTA AND ROME...SNOW SHOWERS MAY RESULT IN A LIGHT

DUSTING OF SNOW...BUT NO SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED

AT THIS TIME.

Before it was no accumulations expected.

Hey weenies, I'm here in Norfolk with my relatives from Burnsville that need to travel back tomorrow. Debating an early start in the morning but they won't hit the mountains until 3-4 pm. Any best guesses from you mountain folks that live at elevation? Any current observations? I know we have some Burnsville board members here.

Absolutely pouring here on the coast of VA!

Hey KV,

I'll be up semi-early in the morning and let you know. I'll keep tabs from friends through the day to see how things are. Between them, they have a good coverage of Yancey and Btown.

Haha Dacula! But notice before that they say cold air is really lagging and any snow won't be till late tomorrow. I don't know about you but I want to see the flakes fly in the day time i they arn't going to stick. Otherwise its a big hassle standing out under the light kinda. Like I feel stuck under the light and can't enjoy it but then I cant leave because I know im gonna miss the snow too.

Hey KV,

I'll be up semi-early in the morning and let you know. I'll keep tabs from friends through the day to see how things are. Between them, they have a good coverage of Yancey and Btown.

You da' man Joe! I doubt they will see any trouble until they crest the mountain at Spruce Pine anyway. They live northwest of Burnsville almost on the TN state line. That last 20 miles or so could be a mess!

Enjoy the snow mountain weenies! Looking forward to some tubing soon. :thumbsup:

I know this is weird but can someone post the link to the 00z gfs model page at nws.noaa because my computer bill is overdue and I can't go to new websites unless it connects to the current page im on. Like if I closed this browser I could not come back.....how my weird isp works,lol. If anyone has the link (the main link that displays all models I can choose from) I would be thankful. Thanks

I know this is weird but can someone post the link to the 00z gfs model page at nws.noaa because my computer bill is overdue and I can't go to new websites unless it connects to the current page im on. Like if I closed this browser I could not come back.....how my weird isp works,lol. If anyone has the link (the main link that displays all models I can choose from) I would be thankful. Thanks

Funny thing is... "coreytucker" or whatever sn that got banned last time had this same problem all the time.

besides, this makes no sense... computer bill? lol

hmmm ok i am thinking the previous-person-known-as-snowdevil has returned :devilsmiley:

Please guys im not trying to start trouble here. Please dont ban me :) Im a good weather talker seriously. I will tell my friends too if you keep me around. I just need the link to the model page at nws.noaa.gov

Anyways I will settle down. Sorry for so many questions :)

Edit:

I figured it out guys...I posted my on link and then deleted it. Thanks though :)

36, drizzle. Didn't get to see the flakes/sleet pellets off to my east in Asheboro and Chatham County today. Temp was 44 on car themometer when wife called (low DP's must have done the trick, was very brief). Anyway 2 Saturdays in a row for some atleast seeing something frozen falling out of the sky. Hope things work out for everyone in N GA, TN and the mtns Sunday.

Archived