• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

Morning Fellas, Same reports up towards Weaverville. Woke up about 3:15 to Heavy Sleet. Back to bed & then up at 6:00 to moderate Snow. We have 3 inches of heavy wet snow on the ground. It must have been roaring for the past couple of hours. Gonna be a fun 36hrs. Major props to Foot he really nailed this one.

I stayed in bed when I heard the sleet. Then it got silent. I knew it was snowing, and I was up. Man, I am pumped. I have been sick as a dog, but this sure makes me feel better.:)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like some major wrap around entering TN, MS, AL this morning. http://www.daculawea...outh_master.php Once again, give this one a second to load. I just hope it makes it this far south.

I was just looking at that as well. Tons of upstream moisture. Some models hinted at such a scenario. Question is, as you pointed out, how far south and does it sustain all day. Very dynamic set up for sure. Our area is progged to go down to 23F tonight, could be interesting for a few people. Good luck.

I have 3 inches. I'm glad you agree. I always feel like people doubt my measurements.

I hope NW flow overperforms. What a great start !!!

I have about 3" as well here southwest of Asheville. Looks to be pretty moisture-laden snow with a current temp of 33. No doubt some compaction will occur before we totally drop below freezing later this morning.

I wonder if the "Light Snow" report from Morganton is correct. Its with that last final line associated with this line of rain. Wondering if we get a flurry off of that.

Just happened to glance at the downtown morganton webcam on High Country webcams and they have indeed had a dusting of snow. Probably a mix, but you can see it accumulating.

Looks like some major wrap around entering TN, MS, AL this morning. http://www.daculawea...outh_master.php Once again, give this one a second to load. I just hope it makes it this far south.

Good sign indeed! I do think that some descent flakes will fly in out areas later given that for a good part of the wrap, the showers will be coming in from the W, and

WNW.

My 11 year old will be in the streets tonight with her class Christmas Caroling. Be very cool to have a flizzard around.

i went to bed early last night since i since i had been out the previous one, into the early morning on a music mission( i mean someone has to go to the warren haynes christmas pre-jam, right)...?:guitar:

what a nice surprise this morning...i have right at 2.75 of snow measured from the deck railing here in western mcdowell...very light rain right now, too...

38.5 here, looks like Foothills nailed his call for the mountains :thumbsup::thumbsup::snowman:

I gotta hand it to Robert... he made me look like a fool with skepticism for snowfall in the French Broad. Still getting some off and on snow-showers here. Our temp has risen above freezing, but there isn't all that much melting going on.

Temp: 32.5 degrees.

Glad to see things work out for you guys in the NC mountains, yet another score for foothills.

There is some very healthy wraparound in TN/AL and FFC has added NW GA to the WWA so we'll see how things go down here. FFC is sticking to their guns, dusting north of Lagrange-Athens and less than an inch in the mountains. I think that's a reasonable forecast for our area but somewhat underdone for the mountains...higher elevations and west facing slopes could do well with high ratios and healthy moisture. Now that the main event is over, what are you mets thinking?

Congrats to all those who got the pre-frontal snow.

Ended up with .74" of liquid QPF. Temp at the peak of the rain dropped to 33.5.

I did manage to get some frozen stuff here was not not awake to see it. All my roof valleys are filled with sleet so at least I got something. LOL

Bring on the flizzard.:snowman:

Glad to see things work out for you guys in the NC mountains, yet another score for foothills.

There is some very healthy wraparound in TN/AL and FFC has added NW GA to the WWA so we'll see how things go down here. FFC is sticking to their guns, dusting north of Lagrange-Athens and less than an inch in the mountains. I think that's a reasonable forecast for our area but somewhat underdone for the mountains...higher elevations and west facing slopes could do well with high ratios and healthy moisture. Now that the main event is over, what are you mets thinking?

I see no changes for the wrap around situation. Many places in TN get 1-3 and the flow areas of NC/TN get another foot while extreme north GA and AL get a dusting to on inch with isolated 2-3" amounts in the more prime mountain spots. I expect flurries to a dusting for all of the Atlanta area.

Archived