• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

well this sucks....went to bed and when i got up we had 1" of rain and something frozen, but i was sleeping. i should have gone to bed and gotten up early LOL. dawsonwx - looks like you and i just missed out! apparently the snow line in rabun, at least, is near 2900

GREAT CALL ROBERT clayton ga has 1.5" (sniff sniff) its 34 here and foggy with this on the ground

post-289-0-98579900-1292162889.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like most around the mountains about 3 inches here as well. I'll go to the snowboard in a little while to get a good reading.

Robert, this was an excellent call:

Thanks Joe. Good to hear you're not snowed in and lost internet. You must have a lot on the ground right now. This time last year I think we were starting to look at the big one come into view.

Looks like the cold air is just entering NW Georgia http://www.wundergro...=0&cams=1&sat=0 You can also click on Precip at the top of the page to see the radar.

Very cool interactive map. I wish we had someone from Sky Valley, GA here-it's a golf club/resort of sorts at 3400'+ in far NE GA. I bet they did fairly well overnight and may get some more snow today thanks to their elevation.

Here comes the cold and snow with good ratios developing rapidly in cyclonic flow , from the Missouri Bootheel, western Ky/TN. That area should start to light up and expand into most of central Tenn and northern Alabama over the next few hours. The 5H system is still diving southeast toward the northern border of Tn to southern Ky area.

Very cool interactive map. I wish we had someone from Sky Valley, GA here-it's a golf club/resort of sorts at 3400'+ in far NE GA. I bet they did fairly well overnight and may get some more snow today thanks to their elevation.

i wish i were in sky valley lol. the accumulating snow missed me by about 25 miles. checked with someone in clayton and they have an inch and a half, so sky valley probably has that, if not a little more.

Here comes the cold and snow with good ratios developing rapidly in cyclonic flow , from the Missouri Bootheel, western Ky/TN. That area should start to light up and expand into most of central Tenn and northern Alabama over the next few hours. The 5H system is still diving southeast toward the northern border of Tn to southern Ky area.

how far south and east is it expected to dive?

You have to admit folks. This ULL is looking rather interesting atm. It is actually pivoting more moisture further south than what I thought it would. Some areas in northern MS and AL are now getting what appears to be light snow. Now if it can just keep this as it begins to swing it east and northeast, I believe some of us east of the mountains (especially in NC) can get in on flurries/light snow later today. You can clearly see where that area of wrap around moisture is located.

bwg_None_anim.gif

And water vapor imagery:

http://www.goes.noaa...LOOPS/ecwv.html

You have to admit folks. This ULL is looking rather interesting atm. It is actually pivoting more moisture further south than what I thought it would. Some areas in northern MS and AL are now getting what appears to be light snow. Now if it can just keep this as it begins to swing it east and northeast, I believe some of us east of the mountains (especially in NC) can get in on flurries/light snow later today. You can clearly see where that area of wrap around moisture is located.

And water vapor imagery:

http://www.goes.noaa...LOOPS/ecwv.html

Yep the million dollar question is if the moisture can stay there until it gets to us. It's got my attention though, it would just be good to see a light flizzard popcorn.gif.

Yep the million dollar question is if the moisture can stay there until it gets to us. It's got my attention though, it would just be good to see a light flizzard popcorn.gif.

I just looked at the nam, it has tremendous downslope over us for this event, but theres so much moisture we may get a few flakes, or they could skip us and redevelop around SC and central NC. Either way, it would be nice to see some flakes here, but I'm just going to live vicariously through the Tenn and NC obs for the upslope. The upslope kicks in right as the ULL feature is moving out tonight, so the mountains are going to get a tremendous upslope from this one, a lot more than I originally thought.

Also, still like our areas snow to sleet to ZR event by Thursday morning.

I just looked at the nam, it has tremendous downslope over us for this event, but theres so much moisture we may get a few flakes, or they could skip us and redevelop around SC and central NC. Either way, it would be nice to see some flakes here, but I'm just going to live vicariously through the Tenn and NC obs for the upslope. The upslope kicks in right as the ULL feature is moving out tonight, so the mountains are going to get a tremendous upslope from this one, a lot more than I originally thought.

Also, still like our areas snow to sleet to ZR event by Thursday morning.

Yea if work wasn't so insane right now my girlfriend and I would have headed to Boone yesterday and stayed a few nights. Seeing some flakes will certainly be fun!

Temp hovering around 35 right now. I ended up with around 3" last night before it switched over to really, really wet snow, then sleet then light rain. It's compacted down to about 1.5" and the roads are a slushy mess. I'll get some proper measurements and photos in a bit.

The sleet really got me too. Would have about 5 or 6 if it would have been all snow. Its better than rain though. Which was all I was thing the other day with a lakes cutter.

Archived