e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That band is moving through rather quickly.

Looks like my roommate's hometown (Hendersonville, NC) is seeing a nice bit of snow.

Yep... most of henderson county is getting in on this system.

Heavy Snow now... visibility is way down at 3/4 of a mile... about 1/2" on the ground at the moment. I'm thinking we will get around 1"-1.5" when this part of the system is over.

Temp: 30.7 degrees.

1/4 S+ in Woodfin (just north of Asheville) - never sleeted here, rapidly approaching an inch.

Ahh so you decided to come up and snow chase... you are actually pretty close to my location.

And wow... there must have been significantly less WAA than expected, because not only did we hit our wetbulb, but have since passed it.

2aeqqtl.gif

Forecast for Taylorsville

Today ip100.jpg

^ Too bad the icon makes it seem like an awesome forecast, only to read the actual text. 

Today: Rain showers and sleet before noon, then a chance of rain showers between noon and 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 5pm. Patchy fog between 7am and 2pm. High near 40. Northeast wind at 8 mph becoming southwest. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Still nothing here, our temperature is about 37.

Incredibly heavy snow- vis down to a hundred yards. probably an inch in the past 1/2 hour

Yea these rates are crazy... It looks like the NAM is verifying with flying colors in regards to the precip rates. At this point, it looks like our totals might be more like 2-3"

Temp: 30.6 degrees.

Things are stating to calm down here on the NW side of Asheville. The snowfall rate has decreased although there is still a lot of blowing and drifting. Temperature is also starting to rise, since the front hasn't actually passed yet. I think we might get a touch above freezing as we get close to dawn, with things dropping off quickly as the front pushes though.

Current Conditions: Light Snow... prob around 1 mile visibility. Flakes have decreased in size.

Temp: 30.9 degrees

Dewpoint: 30.7 degrees

They put me under a WWA for rain I guess ? :huh:

Current temp & dp is 34/31 I really doubt I see any Freezing rain :unsure:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY...

.TODAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. PATCHY FOG THIS MORNING. RAIN WITH A

CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN THIS MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN AND

SNOW THIS AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS AROUND

40. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING SOUTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH

WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH THIS AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

90 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW

SHOWERS. COOLER WITH LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO

20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS

8 ABOVE.

.MONDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS...MAINLY IN THE

MORNING. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. BLUSTERY WITH HIGHS IN

THE LOWER 30S. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO

40 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS

6 ABOVE.

Looks like we have about another hour or two of snowfall. The end of the main band is now crossing Haywood County...

Temp: 31.5 degrees

I'm going out with a ruler in a second to check on the snowfall amount. Looks like we are approaching 3" in spots.

I have 3 inches. I'm glad you agree. I always feel like people doubt my measurements.

I hope NW flow overperforms. What a great start !!!

Well, I woke up expecting to see a foot of snow here in Altanta... oh wait... that was just a dream! angry.gif

The cold air hasn't reached here yet. The rain is just exiting, we ended up with about .65 in the CoCoRaHS gauge. Temps are pretty steady at 39 degrees and the wind is calm. So now I sit and wait on the wrap-around mother load (which will never come) popcorn.gif

Morning Fellas, Same reports up towards Weaverville. Woke up about 3:15 to Heavy Sleet. Back to bed & then up at 6:00 to moderate Snow. We have 3 inches of heavy wet snow on the ground. It must have been roaring for the past couple of hours. Gonna be a fun 36hrs. Major props to Foot he really nailed this one.

Archived