e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy Snow continuing... visibility down to 1/4 of a mile or less... blowing snow, roads completely covered. Have about 1" on the ground now and its piling up fast. 1-2" an hour snowfall rates!

Temp: 30.6 degrees.

This is more than I could have hoped for... I can now die happy Snowman.gif

:lol: Glad to hear you are enjoying your "suprise"...lol Congrats!

Incredibly heavy snow- vis down to a hundred yards. probably an inch in the past 1/2 hour

:thumbsup: Nice to see you chasing this

Just woke up. Now an inch of snow is on the ground. Booyah!

I would like to thank Foothills for mentioning this setup and its possibility a few days ago!

:snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

2 inches and now light snow in Candler. Kudos to Robert also.

Congrats! :santa:

5 inches on the deck railing temp still at 30 and still snowin.

Sweet! :thumbsup:

Snow, 35 degrees and a solid inch on the ground...

Glad to see you got in on the action :hug:

I have 3 inches. I'm glad you agree. I always feel like people doubt my measurements.

I hope NW flow overperforms. What a great start !!!

I'm happy to hear you have started this winter off in the right direction :wub:

Still snowing very lightly. 31 degrees. How's this for a Christmas card? Wow!

This is an awesome picture, thank you for posting :)

Didn't somebody have a webcam setup at lake toxaway last year? I had it saved on my old computer but have since upgraded and no longer have the link.

Go to wunderground.com and look at their "WunderMap" and add the "WebCam" overlay and you will see a webcam in that area.

Here is the link:

http://www.wundergro...way/1/show.html

It's not the same one we have seen in the past but still good none the less.

Pleasant Gardens shout-out...

i think i'm going ahead and calling off school for tomorrow...:mapsnow:

Even though I'm scheduled to sub tomorrow, I won't object to the motion to call off school tomorrow. The temp is slowly rising here, I'm guessing we may see some clearing by noon at the latest. The DOT will probably have about a 4-6 hour window from late morning till sunset where they may get some assistance from mother nature. After that, with the temps crashing, I'm expecting secondary roads to be a mess by morning and maybe some of the primary routes depending on just how much work gets done.

Roughly one inch of heavy wet snow here. Went to bed about an hour and a half ago with absolutely nothing on the ground, so it's coming down at a pretty good clip, with some sleet mixing in occasionally. Sitting right at 32F. At this rate, if it keeps doing what it is right now, I'll see some three inches (maybe more) on the ground come daylight.

All snow now and heavy.

I've got to hand out major Kudos to Robert for calling this from several days ago. I really thought we weren't gonna be quite cold enough... I'm sure he will be happy to know his forecast seems to be right on track weight_lift.gif

Just woke up. Now an inch of snow is on the ground. Booyah!

I would like to thank Foothills for mentioning this setup and its possibility a few days ago!

2 inches and now light snow in Candler. Kudos to Robert also.

I have 3 inches. I'm glad you agree. I always feel like people doubt my measurements.

I hope NW flow overperforms. What a great start !!!

Morning Fellas, Same reports up towards Weaverville. Woke up about 3:15 to Heavy Sleet. Back to bed & then up at 6:00 to moderate Snow. We have 3 inches of heavy wet snow on the ground. It must have been roaring for the past couple of hours. Gonna be a fun 36hrs. Major props to Foot he really nailed this one.

Woke up to a nice surprise here in the Western Foothills. Just measured 3 inches on the back deck with light to moderate snow still falling.

38.5 here, looks like Foothills nailed his call for the mountains :thumbsup::thumbsup::snowman:

I gotta hand it to Robert... he made me look like a fool with skepticism for snowfall in the French Broad. Still getting some off and on snow-showers here. Our temp has risen above freezing, but there isn't all that much melting going on.

Temp: 32.5 degrees.

thanks for all the compliments you guys. I'm so glad it snowed there. I think Phil, Tracker and DawsonWx also were excellent in the forecast of this. When the height field shown crashing rapidly 3 days ago , and with almost enough cold air in place to start, then the models began to inch colder, that was a sign to me. Also its great to see the snow even made it to Marion and Lake Lure, great pics ! I didn't see any reports from GA, except Rabun Co. Anyone heard from the NeGa poster? Now, lets see how the part 2 of this system goes. Good luck again .:snowman:

it changes views regularly...dont like the one that's on now

http://www.highcount...a_mountains.htm

I suppose you don't know the elevation of the webcam? It has to be 2500' plus...

I like looking at the Brasstown Bald webcam as well. The station at 3200' is reporting 33 so the top is probably hovering near freezing. They should do well with wraparound even if they didn't get much from the main event.

Temp is crashing here. Since my last post 15 minutes ago, went from 37.2 to 36.1

Hopefully that snow gets here from TN soon!

I would have to agree about the temps. Came to work at 0500 and was at 44. Temps began dropping around 0700 and currently at 37.

Just had a sleet shower :thumbsup:

Yay!! I think its about to switch over. Sub freezing just a bit northwest of Blue Ridge now

Good luck!! Send some further south as well. Thanks.

Thanks! I'm thinking positive thoughts for Atlanta! I think you'll get a nice surprise looking at Alabama right now...

thanks for all the compliments you guys. I'm so glad it snowed there. I think Phil, Tracker and DawsonWx also were excellent in the forecast of this. When the height field shown crashing rapidly 3 days ago , and with almost enough cold air in place to start, then the models began to inch colder, that was a sign to me. Also its great to see the snow even made it to Marion and Lake Lure, great pics ! I didn't see any reports from GA, except Rabun Co. Anyone heard from the NeGa poster? Now, lets see how the part 2 of this system goes. Good luck again .:snowman:

I don't think much of anything happened south of the NC border last night. Rabun county might have gotten the best and only of it!

Today: A chance of rain before 10am, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to between 15 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight: Occasional snow showers, mainly before 1am. Low around 18. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. :snowman:

Hope this can happen!

I sure wish Joe would update us on what's going on at 4K feet...I'm hearing on TV from both Jason Boyer (WLOS) and from other reports that some of the higher ridges had much more mixing due to a skinny warm nose compared to those like Asheville or even me here along the escarpment? Can anybody confirm that?

Archived