• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

fixed it for ya! there seem to be more of us posting and following this that arent in line for anything other than a cold rain to chasing the moisture to a few flurries than those that are actually going to see some snow :snowman: temp just shot up here to 42 :( so much for the cloud cover

Nice correction.:thumbsup: Everyone in GA make sure your flood lights work and you have batteries in your flashlight for flake spotting tomorrow night. LOL...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are more likely to get a reach around than wrap around in central NC. Anyway with sleet and rain I am reminded of the line in airplane where he says "Rain...and a little ice"

hahaha...sluggish, like a wet sponge...love that movie. Too bad about Leslie Nielsen :(

Nice correction.:thumbsup: Everyone in GA make sure your flood lights work and you have batteries in your flashlight for flake spotting tomorrow night. LOL...

lol - ne ga almost always gets downsloped, but with this dynamic system there is always the hope we will see flakes (i just want to see some falling) with the deep down dread it will be the usual dry and cold with snowshowers just to the west

one thing about us ga posters - we get prepared for a chance of flurries :pepsi:

lol - ne ga almost always gets downsloped, but with this dynamic system there is always the hope we will see flakes (i just want to see some falling) with the deep down dread it will be the usual dry and cold with snowshowers just to the west

one thing about us ga posters - we get prepared for a chance of flurries :pepsi:

:lol: Yes we do! Seeing snow in the air with all the Christmas decor would be cool. Let's hope we are all pleasantly surprised... 46 here with thicker cloud cover moving in.

Howdy folks! I'm glad I found y'all.

I just wanted to report that about 11:45 this morning I observed snow grains falling in Chatham County just south of Chapel Hill NC. That coastal low in front of the main event is a bit more vigorious than I thought it would be . The snow grains a little sleet didn't last long, Interesting though.

lol - there will be a lot of flashlights and spot lights out in n ga tonight i would think (for rain, no less). its nice to know we arent alone :weight_lift:

the bad news abot this potential event is the timing for the snow weenies who want to see it, if it happens. The main line of precip shouldn't arrive until about 6z, so thats after midnight, and probably ending by 12Z or so, speakng for both ne Ga and western NC mtns. Regardless, I know nothing is coming here but rain, but would like to see the live obs overnight, but not sure I can stay away through the prime sleeping hours, LOL.

the bad news abot this potential event is the timing for the snow weenies who want to see it, if it happens. The main line of precip shouldn't arrive until about 6z, so thats after midnight, and probably ending by 12Z or so, speakng for both ne Ga and western NC mtns. Regardless, I know nothing is coming here but rain, but would like to see the live obs overnight, but not sure I can stay away through the prime sleeping hours, LOL.

well no obs from me, as i will be in bed around 10 or 1030....NOT. lol - since it is a close call, and i am not of sound mind, apparently - i will be staying up to see what/how it comes in. if the temps/dewpoints are close i will stay up. if there seems no chance, or it comes in as rain and 38 and the dewpoint rises i will eventually go to bed. i can see the upslope from where i live, so if i see it in the morning, i will head out for the snowshowers. most likely i will stay up, lose sleeping time, only to see rain and go to bed :arrowhead:

ps. as far as snow or frozen precip is concerned in ga, there is no bad time :popcorn: besides i would rather it come in after dark to get as much help with the temps as we can since a degree or two could make a difference

me too! thats my old stomping ground - and i wish i were back there today, thats for sure. they are getting plastered, and blizzard warning for my old back yard :snowman: too bad that it doesnt move more se and come on in to our back yards

5 to 9 inches of snow and wind chills 10 below. too rich for my blood!

never! and its awesome cos up there you dont have to worry about warm layers, going over to sleet etc. you know its coming, see it coming and it materializes without failing at the last minute

Archived