12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 11th - 13th Observations

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man! The best is yet to move in. I can't wait to see how much dumps then.

Save me the trouble of digging through fifty-odd pages of obs and give me a recap of the past twenty four hours in Yancey.

Like most I got about 3 and half from the frontal stuff early this morning, then went through a several hour long lull. Picked back up around 3 pm and have had showers since to give another 4.

Snowing lightly now but I'm at 8.7 degrees with a wicked breeze.

Like most I got about 3 and half from the frontal stuff early this morning, then went through a several hour long lull. Picked back up around 3 pm and have had showers since to give another 4.

awesome.......enjoy it at 4k man

xwx

EXACT same scenario here, except at most I wound up with two inches last night and it was melted and compacted to an inch of slush once the snow switched to rain this morning.

It's pouring now. Expect it to really pick up in your area soon.

is it just me or is snow looking like a better bet now from N Ga/Al? Looks like precip is expanding and moving south. Anyone in North Ga or Al seeing any snow from these returns?

No returns are even over me (some to my west right now) and I'm still seeing lots of snow. It really picked up about 20 minutes ago - some huge flakes, and then slacked back off again. I really think I'll see a lot more as the night goes on. Already somewhere between 1-2 inches so far today, just from light snow showers....much more than I had expected or hoped for.

EXACT same scenario here, except at most I wound up with two inches last night and it was melted and compacted to an inch of slush once the snow switched to rain this morning.

It's pouring now. Expect it to really pick up in your area soon.

It'll have to do it without me. I've got to hit the rack. If I hadn't had to get up and pee at about 6:30 and saw it snowing and stayed up, I'd be in better shape right now. This "almost fifty years old" crap sucks.:sleepy:

Still snowing pretty good here. I have never in my life saw such beautiful snow flakes. You know you see pictures of snowflakes and they look so perfect and I havent ever saw any that looked so perfect until tonight. It was falling on my sweater and it was in the shape of a perfect star snowflake. I even got some up close pics of them. I will have to post them soon on here. Dont feel like unloading the memory card tonight but this is really a treat!!!!! :):thumbsup:

Very light snow still ongoing here in Southern Pines. Wouldn't be surprised to hear reports near FAY soon!

Your comic relief picture was funny on FB today.99,9% of the time, the cold chases out the precip. I am glad this was not the case this time. I tell ya...I am shocked at what we received (light dusting). Looking ahead looks promising dude! :snowman:

Your comic relief picture was funny on FB today.99,9% of the time, the cold chases out the precip. I am glad this was not the case this time. I tell ya...I am shocked at what we received (light dusting). Looking ahead looks promising dude! :snowman:

hahah yeah this is a very rare case indeed. Look ahead does look promising but in NC you always have to exercise caution.

Still snowing pretty good here. I have never in my life saw such beautiful snow flakes. You know you see pictures of snowflakes and they look so perfect and I havent ever saw any that looked so perfect until tonight. It was falling on my sweater and it was in the shape of a perfect star snowflake. I even got some up close pics of them. I will have to post them soon on here. Dont feel like unloading the memory card tonight but this is really a treat!!!!! :):thumbsup:

Dendrites :) Glad you got to see some!

w050207a039.jpg

Cool that you guys are seeing the snow. I am working nights this weekend and go to "lunch" around 2-3am and who knows I might even see a few flakes in the headlights down here in the coastal plains.

Got the LED mag-lite at the ready, watching a little sportscenter, and staying up for the 0z EC. Looks like a long-shot for us, but am noting some returns that passed through eyewall's area, and should be around Fayetteville shortly, which given the flow should be heading NE. Most of the GFS members were painting a smidgen of QPF along the coastal plain between now and 12z, but the drying around the 850 layer is sig, and would me to much to overcome imo, at-least according to the op.

Starting to stick a little in Southern Pines.

What! That is impossible, SN does not stick there, at-least from what I have heard. Classic example of the cold air chasing the precip, but given the dynamics aloft, able to squeeze out that extra moisture. Congrats btw, and to everyone who saw SN out of this system, whether they expected it or not, but the "nots" make it all the more special.

Wind picking up here, not mixing down to the surface all that consistently, but hearing the slight roar through the tops of the large trees out back, and the fireplace doors are rattling. :snowman:

Archived