joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2011 Obs/Forecasting Discussion

WxUSAF

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0Z took away the change pretty much. The west sure is cold though. Mets, I need help understanding something. The GFS @ 276 shows a trough on the east coast but it is transitory. A pretty strong -NAO develops towards the end of the run but we are firmly locked into ridging on the EC while there is a deep trough in the west. There is a HP just parked off the coast of NE through the end of the run.

I'm only posting this because I need help understanding the mechanics. Not that I believe it's going to happen. It don't understand how EC troughing that evolves into EC ridging while the heights over greenland go through the roof. Is it all about the the ridge off the PAC coast being too far west?

Love it. We can still get some really nice weather this time of year, so there's no reason not to enjoy every minute of it.

Yes sir! Average highs are still in the low 60's. We've been cooler than avg for a while so 60's feel warm. EC ridge looking pretty strong coming in in the next couple of weeks. We may have a few days in the low 70's. I'm an avid disc golf player so this kind of weather late in the season is awesome. I'm playing a big course later today and love the cool fall weather.

I took a look at the GFS earlier and was wondering about that, Ellinwood. Seems like the vort is in a nearly perfect place, just no cold to go along with it. Good to see the vorts continuing to dig though.

12z decided not to really phase the northern stream with the southern energy :( Time to wait and see what the Euro does with it.

I don't believe in early season setting the stage as much as some (well, really I don't believe in it much at all). But it's interesting to see the tendency for vorts to try to pass south of us.

Nice contrast with blue sky and leaves today. Perfect fall stuff.

My cutting the lawn short trick when the leaves fall has worked great this year. My neighbors have already done their yards once and I STILL have less leaves in my yard than them right now. Gonna do a quick pile up and tight mowing. Come on NW winds! Am I evil?

Archived