Newest Member
    amirah5
November warmup 11/5 - 11/10

SACRUS

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newark +2.8 for the month so far.

+2.4 at the Park; +3.3 at Islip....it seems worse than that but there have been numerous clear nights allowing for decent cooling....Islip has a a minimum of 40 F or less on 14 of the first 25 days of the month...

From a financial standpoint (home heating oil) , this weather is great. with the oil prices as high as they are, I would not mind this lasting as long as possible From an enthusiast standpoint, this is interesting that we are in yet another warmer than average month but at the same time, would like to see a decent SECS

From a financial standpoint (home heating oil) , this weather is great. with the oil prices as high as they are, I would not mind this lasting as long as possible From an enthusiast standpoint, this is interesting that we are in yet another warmer than average month but at the same time, would like to see a decent SECS

We really have to go back to last winter for a below normal month at Central Park. March was right on the margin at -0.2.

I I believe the experts are sticking to their winter forecasts, that's what counts. It will get back to near normal next few days, It's just people had unrealistic expectations as far as cold goes. Remember that november has warmed more than any oother month the last 10 or 15 years.

This should be good for a top ten warmest November.

http://www.erh.noaa....coldmonths.html

Out of all those warm Novembers, the only winters that ended up good for us were 63-64 (Nino), and 82-83 (strong Nino). Seeing numerous duds in there like 2001, 1990, 2006, 1979 and such isn't encouraging. With a moderate Nina in place, we need another solid -NAO year.

Out of all those warm Novembers, the only winters that ended up good for us were 63-64 (Nino), and 82-83 (strong Nino). Seeing numerous duds in there like 2001, 1990, 2006, 1979 and such isn't encouraging. With a moderate Nina in place, we need another solid -NAO year.

Warm blended with cold themes mixed in there also like 1975-1976 and 1999-2000.

Archived