amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November warmup 11/5 - 11/10

SACRUS

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I'm not encouraged at all about the telleconnection indicies. I think the best we can hope through at least the first half of November are some SWFE events:

The startosphere is colder than a witch's t*ts with no sign in the forseeable future of a SSW helping to keep the AO in a positive state (though that could certainly change):

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/ao.sprd2.gif

The NAO will not help us much either unless we can get another Davis Strait block like the Pumpkin Thumper we had (which btw happened in a similar pattern):

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/nao.sprd2.gif

The PNA is slightly positive for now but is modeled to sink negative again, flattening the western ridge end any subsequent eastern troughs:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/pna.sprd2.gif

I still think we pull something off in January/February with a SSW, but I believe winter will be on delay for a few weeks.

Is this going to be a never ending Nina? Probably another active hurricane season then, warm Atlantic all around.

Maybe we'll time something right and pull something off, even in a horrible and warm pattern, you do manage to get some flukes.

Truthfully I really don't know what the Nina's going to do since I don't follow ENSO that much.

Depending on where the gradient sets up my elevation around 400' coupled with a less urbanized envirnment and inland location could really help my area get some snow while many other people in the NYC Metro have less or even no snow at alll. I think we'ss all cash on some snow but I see this pattern conductive to sharp snow gradients. Where the gradient sets up determines who gets the best snowfall accumulation.

Yeah I'm done with all this warm weather....even this weekend it will be 20 degrees cooler than today and probably not end up below normal

As long as we're stuck with it I'd rather enjoy the good parts; wearing shorts, jogging in bathing suits, and playing outdoor tennis.

truly unprecedented from where we were the days ending October and leading into november.

You often posted that you wanted "80's into Thanksgiving"....

"You got what you wanted Tiger...how does it taste?"

<Ends C. Heston imitation from Planet of the Apes>

truly unprecedented from where we were the days ending October and leading into november.

Considering, +3.3 at JFK and +3.8 at LGA are not that bad.

Parts of New England were +5 to +7.

A +3.3 and a +3.8 are not that bad.

Felt much hotter then those numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

big storm at the end of the month, around the 22nd. Could be a long island crusher.

FAIL

If so, then we're right on track as far as I'm concerned. Expecting the pattern change from warm to cold in the East to occur around Nov 20th or so.

Yup, looking like we return to cold around the 12th-15th IMO, with the potential for actual almost real-winter-like cold after the 20th... impressive blocking does look to begin over the Davis Straits

Still waiting

big storm 11/22-25

I'm still waiting for your big storm.

Thetrials has me looking forward to the end of the month and it just started! Haha

How was the storm?

FAIL

Still waiting

I'm still waiting for your big storm.

How was the storm?

Ive owned up to this, and then earthlight and isotherm owned up to their busts. Busts happen when you make call, but thankfully, I have some big wins under my belt like 1/27 and 10/31. Also, thankfully I don't make nonstop snow calls like some of the people you follow.

You never make a forecast, all you do is put up maps, and emoticons, and cut and copy stuff from people who says its going to snow. You do it over and over even in the face of irrefutable evidence that it won't.

And my busts on this and other people's busts on a quicker pattern change doesn't change the fact the pattern sucks right now if you are a snow lover.

Ive owned up to this, and then earthlight and isotherm owned up to their busts. Busts happen when you make call, but thankfully, I have some big wins under my belt like 1/27 and 10/31. Also, thankfully I don't make nonstop snow calls like some of the people you follow.

You never make a forecast, all you do is put up maps, and emoticons, and cut and copy stuff from people who says its going to snow. You do it over and over even in the face of irrefutable evidence that it won't.

And my busts on this and other people's busts on a quicker pattern change doesn't change the fact the pattern sucks right now if you are a snow lover.

chill man

Ah, I see we have our first victim in the "lack of snow, lack of patience" victim.

only one person here has lost patience, the poster who follows snow goggled mets whose only job is to get people to visit their site in hopes someone buys a crappy 5 dollar shirt built by a child slave in a sweat shop in a 3rd world county.

only one person here has lost patience, the poster who follows snow goggled mets whose only job is to get people to visit their site in hopes someone buys a crappy 5 dollar shirt built by a child slave in a sweat shop in a 3rd world county.

I'll have to say, Metfan is a snow weenie without parallel on these boards. He is the guy looking for snow threats into May/June.

We have had back to back ridiculous winters. Let's just enjoy some relatively pleasant weather for December and see what comes in 2012.

I'll have to say, Metfan is a snow weenie without parallel on these boards. He is the guy looking for snow threats into May/June.

We have had back to back ridiculous winters. Let's just enjoy some relatively pleasant weather for December and see what comes in 2012.

No.

We have 9 months to enjoy 'pleasant weather', give me 1/4 of the year for cold and snow

Archived