• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA thread

I can say the same for Lancaster. I still have my doubts, but man in a few days it's November.

I think the issue is that it's really been sprung on people with all of the NW trending over the last two days. Just yesterday, it was "hey, we might get two inches!". When I woke up this morning -- and I keep an unhealthy eye on this stuff for a non-meteorologist -- it was October Power Outage Armageddon. Just within the last hour, PennLive.com has the potential snowfall amounts on their front page. It's going to catch a lot of people by surprise.

i spoke spoke with one of our coaches who lives in York county. he thinks were still playing our game Sunday. He said he doesn't buy it for a second we'll have any snow let alone 6". He also thinks it will be 56 degrees Sunday at 12 noon.

lol here's the reasons he was given:

- the classic, forecasts are never ever right including someone who claims that yesterday the forecast was for 60 degrees today (I love that one).

- Snow, even flurries is impossible in October

- ground is so warm it can't lay

- It was so nice this week, how can it snow Saturday

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, people even here are just not buying this.

Yeah same here. Several friends have texted me this morning saying there is no way we get decent snow...I told them to get prepared, because power is gonna be out for a lot of people, possibly for awhile if we get 6-10" of cement. Oaks are still fully leafed here, some are still partially green.

Good post about the October accumulating snow. I don't care how warm the ground supposedly is, if it's snowing at 2" per hour it will stick to everything, and our sun angle is the same as mid-February.

lol here's the reasons he was given:

- the classic, forecasts are never ever right including someone who claims that yesterday the forecast was for 60 degrees today (I love that one).

- Snow, even flurries is impossible in October

- ground is so warm it can't lay

- It was so nice this week, how can it snow Saturday

I can see the validity of the first three arguments, but the fourth one just. :facepalm:

It's such a nice sunny day- SNOW tomorrow? Is what my friends are saying.

Then..... the I'm not ready for that.

Is your coach Linda Thompson?

Amarillo, Texas, had 4.5" snow yesterday. This year's weather has been insanity all around.

Trees here haven't lost many leaves yet, that'll be the biggest issue in the HBG area.

Well, yeah, you can't argue with that logic.

I can see the validity of the first three arguments, but the fourth one just. :facepalm:

I don't know if you guys have noticed this like I have, but the general public sometimes seems to not get the concept that weather systems are dynamic and move.

Archived