Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA thread

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been 4-8" since the watch came out . They might have to go higher again looking at models this evening. Either way a lot of snow coming in the next 24hrs.

Yea, from the State College AFD, they seem to agree with that possibility:

"HAVE DEPICTED A WIDESPREAD 4-8 INCH SNOWFALLWHICH IN AND OF ITSELF WOULD BE AN HISTORIC EVENT FOR THE REGIONAND TIME OF YEAR...BUT WOULD NOT BE SHOCKED IF WE END UP WITHHIGHER AMOUNTS GIVEN THE FORECAST SYNOPTIC SETUP AND INTENSITY OF THE FORCING"

Modeling seems to be honing in on final QPF. For UNV it looks like 0.75-1.00" is the idea. I've never made a map and I'm not about to start haha. So instead here is a crude idea of what I'm thinking for this storm…

Yup, and I think the lower end (~0.75") will be closer to verification amounts. Maybe as low as 0.5" at the very worst. But I'd take that over nothing in October any day. :thumbsup:

18z GFS ensemble mean is still between 1.0" and 1.25" at UNV:

http://raleighwx.ame...emblep72072.gif

Compared to about 1.25" or even a little more on the 12z GFS ensemble mean (which was the peak ensemble run).

On a (relatively) low resolution model I'm not sweating slight shifts. If the 0Z suite goes significantly east I might crap my pants, but at this point a nice snowfall seems pretty damn likely. Precip is edging closer...down to 39 here.

On a (relatively) low resolution model I'm not sweating slight shifts. If the 0Z suite goes significantly east I might crap my pants, but at this point a nice snowfall seems pretty damn likely. Precip is edging closer...down to 39 here.

Oh, believe me, I'm not worried about it at all. Just pointing it out. :arrowhead:

I would be absolutely shocked if we managed less than 4" out of this. And 4", while not as awesome as 12", would be perfectly enjoyable for October. :thumbsup:

CTP has updated grids and snow amounts back up.

Tonight: A chance of rain before 11pm, then rain and snow between 11pm and 2am, then snow after 2am. Low around 32. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 35. North wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

CTP has updated grids and snow amounts back up.

Tonight: A chance of rain before 11pm, then rain and snow between 11pm and 2am, then snow after 2am. Low around 32. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 35. North wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

for what locality?

Alright folks, here's my map. Kinda threw it together quick.. been trying to get stuff ready around the yard and whatnot. Went with a large max zone of 6-10 with the darkest blue essentially being the 6 inch line. To cover potential for excessive double digit amounts opted for a dashed zone where 10+ amounts may show up. Kept axis of ground zero just a hair northwest of where 15z sref 12+ probs reside.

post-1507-0-64677900-1319844972.png

Alright folks, here's my map. Kinda threw it together quick.. been trying to get stuff ready around the yard and whatnot. Went with a large max zone of 6-10 with the darkest blue essentially being the 6 inch line. To cover potential for excessive double digit amounts opted for a dashed zone where 10+ amounts may show up. Kept axis of ground zero just a hair northwest of where 15z sref 12+ probs reside.

post-1507-0-64677900-1319844972.png

Win. Nice map.

Archived