Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA thread

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason to freak out yet. Precip is arriving, or will be shortly. There are models with better resolution and optimized for short range forecasts like the RUC we should be looking at.

RUC is showing at least 5 hours straight of at least 0.1" of precip per hour at UNV. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's snow. ^_^

:lmao:

0.7" of precip (~7" of snow) is advisory amounts? O... kay.

EDIT: Ya, no, precip rates are still 1" per hour for several hours. It's not going to be "white rain", sorry.

Let me explain Wmsptwx to you since you are new. He's a teenager who gets really emotional sometimes and makes silly posts but cool. He'll be okay.

LOL..jamie you do know me...but now I'm embarrassed to admit I'm a senior in college haha. I'll wait and see what happens, either way it's just October. Congrats to the Cards btw great series!

**** that's right, you're 21 right?

I am kind of annoyed at the Cards winning. Wanted Texas.

I kind of can't get over we are even talking about this stuff in October.

been sprinkling here for about a half hour, and currently 39.7. Temp holding steady.

**** that's right, you're 21 right?

I am kind of annoyed at the Cards winning. Wanted Texas.

I kind of can't get over we are even talking about this stuff in October.

been sprinkling here for about a half hour, and currently 39.7. Temp holding steady.

Yeah, I agree. Ron Washington is a great personality for baseball, and would have been nice to see him take it. Now it's the no baseball depression zone until April!!

Meso for heavy heavy snow.

mcd2276.gif

EARLY-SEASON HEAVY SNOW...WITH RATES OF 1 TO LOCALLY 2 IN/HR...WILL DEVELOP AND SPREAD NNEWD AFTER 09Z...AND CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.

SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 IN/HR WILL BE LIKELY THROUGHOUT THE DISCUSSION AREA. HOWEVER...THE MOST FAVORABLE JUXTAPOSITION OF THE AFOREMENTIONED FORCING MECHANISMS COULD SUPPORT LOCALLY HIGHER RATES /POSSIBLY UP TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR/ WITHIN 35 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM STAUNTON VA TO HAGERSTOWN MD TO HARRISBURG PA. ALSO IN THIS AREA...NAM/GFS CROSS SECTIONS OF THETA-E AND GEOSTROPHIC MOMENTUM SUGGEST CONDITIONAL SYMMETRIC INSTABILITY DEVELOPING IN THE MID LEVELS TOWARD 12Z...COINCIDENT WITH SLANTWISE CAPE INCREASING TO 150-200 J/KG PER EXPERIMENTAL NAM OUTPUT. THIS WILL FAVOR WSW-ENE-ORIENTED HEAVY SNOW BANDS...AND AN ISOLATED LIGHTNING STRIKE OR TWO CANNOT BE RULED OUT. THE HEAVY SNOW WILL LIKELY CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...WITH RATES TAPERING OFF FROM SSW TO NNE AFTER 18Z. FOR LOCATIONS FARTHER EAST /INCLUDING AREAS FROM BALTIMORE TO THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA/...FORECAST SOUNDINGS SUGGEST THAT WARMER THERMODYNAMIC PROFILES WILL BE LESS CONDUCIVE FOR HEAVY SNOW.

I just wanted to add, don't be surprised if snow does have a hard time accumulating at first. The storm on Thursday barely accumulated up here and I'm elevated at about 1500ft and we had some good rates. I'm not saying you guys won't get snow to stick but I'd be very surprised if snowfall depths of 7 or 8" is accomplished in the valley areas. I'd love to be wrong so keep me posted. Good luck to you guys below 1000ft

I just wanted to add, don't be surprised if snow does have a hard time accumulating at first. The storm on sunday barely accumulated up here and I'm elevated at about 1500ft and we had some good rates. I'm not saying you guys won't get snow to stick but I'd be very surprised if snowfall depths of 7 or 8" is accomplished. I'd love to be wrong so keep me posted. Good luck to you guys below 1000ft

True!! It may be very rough for snow to accumulate. I remember April snowfalls...a lot of heavy/mod snow only to pile up 3 to 4 in the grass.

Archived