Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA thread

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what time would the onset of precipitation be in the Hazleton/Wilkes Barre area be? I'm currently stuck, out of hours, in Bloomsbury NJ and have get this tractor trailer back to the terminal in Pittston tomorrow morning. I can't leave until 8:30 AM.

Significant snow up there probably won't start until 8AM at earliest.

Significant snow up there probably won't start until 8AM at earliest.

Thanks. I wanted to be up and on the road by 5:00 AM, but the way my day went today it's not going to happen. Another truck backed into mine at the truckstop so I had to be on duty in the logbook while I took care of the reports.

Thanks. I wanted to be up and on the road by 5:00 AM, but the way my day went today it's not going to happen. Another truck backed into mine at the truckstop so I had to be on duty in the logbook while I took care of the reports.

Taking a second look, it's possible they don't really get much snow until noon or later up there, actually. So I think you should be fine.

Exactly...while people are looking at the .5 to .7 it prints out...don't forget that means much slower rates. Given the factors of daylight and borderline/above 32 degree 2m temps...could be a prolonged white rain.

No. lol. It is snowing already down these parts and the precip is very light compared to what we will see.

Its advisory time for IPT and UNV one shift east and its less than that...not good news folks. Oh well..we're still a month away from winter.

:lmao:

0.7" of precip (~7" of snow) is advisory amounts? O... kay.

EDIT: Ya, no, precip rates are still 1" per hour for several hours. It's not going to be "white rain", sorry.

Archived